• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab se 45 need help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody! I started building tubelab se at 45, now I want to decide what I need transformers, I plan to use the amplifier tubes at 45, so I have a question:
What a power transformer will be the best choice?
Many here use a transformer edcor 131, but there is one problem with the date of the order may take two months before it will make and send, so I want to find a ready-made transformer, output transformers I consider One Electron's UBT-2, they are in stock and ready to shipment.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I seem to recall my Edcor order arriving earlier than the 2-month commit date as well. I forget by how much.

Antek offers covers for the toroidal transformers. I used one on my 6LU8 Spud. I think it looks pretty cool like that. Each to his own. The chassis is black aluminum (1/16" thick 5052) on walnut, by the way.

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_7550.jpg
    IMG_7550.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 351
My experience with Edcor has been around 3 weeks average not that it may not take longer. For an immediate transformer look at Hammond at Mouser or digikey.

Thanks for the information, but in my experience I can tell you that when I built a couple of years ago amplifier kit decware z1, I had to wait more than two months, the power and output transformers, I will not argue, can production time reduced now, perhaps I will write email in edcor ,.

I seem to recall my Edcor order arriving earlier than the 2-month commit date as well. I forget by how much.

Antek offers covers for the toroidal transformers. I used one on my 6LU8 Spud. I think it looks pretty cool like that. Each to his own. The chassis is black aluminum (1/16" thick 5052) on walnut, by the way.

Tom

looks very attractive:) ...
I've searched the forum but found no one who would be set at 45 tubelab se toroid transformer, I do not know why, maybe there is a reason?

Hi everything, at the moment I am before a choice of the power transformer, there are several options:
Hammond 270FX
Hammond 270 HX
Edcor XPWR 131
Edcor XPWR 093
I want to remind that the amplifier is built only on the 45th tubes, I already have DC filter Hammond 158P!
I ask to help who the amplifier on the 45th tubes what choice will be the most optimum constructed?

Edcor transformers are excellent value for money.
Over the past five years I've ordered transformers from them on four occasions and here
in Toronto, Canada it never took more than six weeks for them to arrive at my address.
I expect it would take less time for an address in the USA.
The actual lead time is usually less than what is stated.

Tom

That's a very clean looking design...very skilled workmanship.

I have Edcor transformers for my SSE. Can toroidal transformers be used instead. I can't think of the name of the Edcor transformer type.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.