Tube stage assignments on my Princeton AA964 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally drew up the schematic on my build, only a year later.... I have been testing an SS reverb addition - works well. Realized I built my amp with the tremelo in the preamp first stage tube (V1). The AA964 puts the tremelo and PI in the same tube. My amp sounds fine, just curious if it would sound any different if done like the original. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Attachments

• PRINCETON  SCHEMATICm.jpg
    PRINCETON SCHEMATICm.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 51
I finally drew up the schematic on my build, only a year later.... I have been testing an SS reverb addition - works well. Realized I built my amp with the tremelo in the preamp first stage tube (V1). The AA964 puts the tremelo and PI in the same tube. My amp sounds fine, just curious if it would sound any different if done like the original. Any thoughts? Thanks!

No it won't sound any different, however, suppose that you finally receive that super yummy 12AX7 from Mars you want to test how it sounds you are wasting half of it in the tremolo which would work otherwise with almost any triode.

I don't even bother using half 12AX7, sometimes 6AT6 or even 6SQ7 and use the second half of the 12AX7 for a "bright" input or something.
But if you can live with that and not into testing many tube flavors it's perfectly fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.