• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube Construction Handbook

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very odd. There are big copyright warnings all over it. However, much, if not most of the information is simply scanned from various books and sources. Some of this is likely in the public domain, some probably isn't, but there is no attribution so it is hard to tell. The rest is a list of places to buy things online, and opinions from the "creator" as to what schematics are good, why you should build your chassis out of copper instead of aluminum, etc.

I did not pay for it.

I asked how a huge file like that was to be sent...

and he sent it to me, by return email ! free!

As already commented, most of it is available in the public domain.
I am sure I have many of the diagrams already downloaded off the net and as for claiming copyright for blatantly copied pages....

Still, someone may find it useful.

Andy

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
He's lifted stuff from the JC Morrison Tube Audio Primer, Jean Hiraga's French language "Initiation aux amplis a tube" which is currently out of print it appears, publisher was Editions LED and it's currently listed on www.amazon.fr/Initiation-aux-amplis-à-tubes/dp/2100052691 - if you read French this is a wonderful book, it is basically what got me interested in SE amps in the first place and Japanese audio trends in general.

There is a lot of other material lifted from places like Musen To Jikken, old text books, etc.

Kind of ironic since he seems to be republishing copyrighted material belonging to others..

The first 30 pages appear to be from "Electron Tube Circuits" 1st ed. by Samuel Seely. 1950

"Making Use of Loadlines" from Radio and Television News, Nov. 1955

Datasheet for WE300B.

Bunch of schematics selected off the Web or magazines apparently, mostly SE using 300B. Some others for 211, 6CK4, 2A3, 6B4, 807, 845, 811, VT52

Looks like you can print pages from the .pdf if you find a schematic you want, but it won't let me save the file.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It occurs to me that the link to the file should probably be removed, as when I think about it it seems unlikely that the provider of that link intended it to be freely shared.

I don't really approve of repackaging and redistributing other people's materials without permission or attribution, and some of this material is probably in copyright still so there may be an issue there, but I'm not sure it is right for it to be generally available here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.