TU-8200 measurements

One thing that would be interesting is to do is thd spectrum analysis with a soundcard, like referenced here for example. Did you ever consider it? I've been meaning to build a suitable interface box and play around with my 8200R.

I have the 8200R and have made some mods (swapped to E80CC and removed cathode bypass caps) but still stock apart from that. Might try putting the ECC82 back and changing the feedback resistors as suggested by paczelf. The idea of looking at the distortion spectrum and comparing it to how we perceive it to sound could be very valuable i think.

I'm seriously considering modding my case however, i've noticed that my speaker posts aren't making a perfect connection, sometimes i have a little lower volume in one channel, and when i tighten up the binding post the volume returns.

I'm tempted to build the amp and the dac that feeds it into a single well-ventilated enclosure.

I have the 8200R and have made some mods (swapped to E80CC and removed cathode bypass caps) but still stock apart from that. Might try putting the ECC82 back and changing the feedback resistors as suggested by paczelf. The idea of looking at the distortion spectrum and comparing it to how we perceive it to sound could be very valuable i think.

I understand correctly that you "only" removed the 4 cathode bypass capacitors in the 8200R, but did not replace the resistors R3-R4 with the 20 Ohm (instead of 12Ohm as stock part) recommended by Ferenc when you switched from ECC82(12AU7) to E80CC?