• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE subwoofer output filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m wondering if anyone has successfully implemented a passive low-pass output filter at the input of their TSE amplifier build. I’ll likely be implementing an input transformer (LL1544A) for balanced-to-unbalanced conversion, perhaps the filter can be sandwiched between the transformer and input tube?

Thanks in advance

Rethinking this, I may just send a full-range signal out (no passive filtering) and just rely on the active subwoofer amp having a low-pass input filter. I would still require the LL1544A for balanced-to-unbalanced conversion, wired in 2:1 to account for the input impedances of the TSE and subwoofer amp being in parallel.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for or what room size you are trying to fill but in my 10 x 25 dining room I use this:

Tzero - Subwoofer for Small Room | REL Acoustics

and it does a fine job for the small footprint.

I use the REL supplied cable for the high-level input but it does appear to have a low level input too. REL do do good subs from what I have read. They have a wide range with low level inputs.

Rethinking this, I may just send a full-range signal out (no passive filtering) and just rely on the active subwoofer amp having a low-pass input filter. I would still require the LL1544A for balanced-to-unbalanced conversion, wired in 2:1 to account for the input impedances of the TSE and subwoofer amp being in parallel.

Why do you need to do the balance to unbalanced conversion?

The line stage I am using is balanced but the TSE is not. the parallel loads of both the TSE and subwoofer amplifier lower the overall input impedance presented to the line stage. It would seem a 10:1 input transformer wired to convert balanced-to-unbalanced would accomplish both goals nicely.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.