• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE-II 2A3 Planning, Power, etc

My 6K7VG also states 150 mA. I set the KT88's up to about 75 mA each, so I was pulling about 175 mA from the transformer. It didn't hum or buzz and you could keep your hand on the lams after it had been running for hours. I had a pair of resistors with alligator clips on each end that I used to boost the current to about 100 mA per tube for bass heavy music. After a while I just left the resistors in all the time. The transformer got quite hot. You could touch it for 10 seconds or so, but you didn't want to hang on. It didn't buzz and never fried.

The only Allied / Hammond that did fry was the 6K56VG in my Lexan TSE. Autopsy revealed that it had taken on water during a hurricane when the window AC unit leaked and dripped into the TSE. It was quite green and nasty inside but kept on working for several month after the storm.

Reactions: 1 user