Trying to learn usb audio circuitry etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am an old seasoned tweaker with an electronics Bsc degree in 1982, but finding the complete cd player, hifi dac, usb audio player circuities foreign.
I know pcm digital conversion principles, but I cud not really understand dac chip circuitry except just the analog audio outputs, and power supply.
Hope from this forum i cud learn,
1, Spdif input, both optical and rca, to dac chips, what are the chip circuits needed and why. For example I know the serial 0 and 1 need to be converted into clock, data etc, but don't know enough to spell out what exactly the kind of chips needed, and the 4 or 5 outputs from the conversion. Then how those 4 or 5 outputs are being feed to the dac chips. I also got headaches when reading about the left or right justifying of the dac chips inputs. Always curious to ask myself, if an existing dac chip A, cud be replaced by newer dac B with better spec, just like op amp rolling, and after taking care of pin out differences.
2. Sd card reader to audio output, what circuitry needed
3. Usb c input to audio output, the whole circuitry blocks and the kind of chips needed.
I don't know how to find them in the net, most search on dac return just the explaintion on conversation of 0 and 1 to audio signal, plus perhaps boolean algebra. But those are the only things i know.

Hello, I think the datasheets from chip manufacturers are a good starting point. You can find any of them online in PDF format. They explain the operation principle of the chip and provide a recommended application example. Now you only have to find out which chip is suitable for each task.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.