Triplet Meter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I've got a Triplet DC Volts panel meter, model 327-A, 0-200, that I thought I would use for a dopey little steampunk type amp. I took it apart, very carefully, and cleaned up the plastic and glass. Put it back together and touched a 1.5 volt AA to it and it wants to slam over to the right. I feel sure I was careful when I disassembled it. Any thoughts.

Attachments

• 20160531_213456.jpg
    20160531_213456.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 58
Hey, I've got a Triplet DC Volts panel meter, model 327-A, 0-200, that I thought I would use for a dopey little steampunk type amp. I took it apart, very carefully, and cleaned up the plastic and glass. Put it back together and touched a 1.5 volt AA to it and it wants to slam over to the right. I feel sure I was careful when I disassembled it. Any thoughts.

It is either a 1 mA or 50 uA movement. That means it needs a resistor in series with the meter. Either 1,000 ohms per volt full scale or 20,000 ohms per volt. So put a resistor around 33,000 ohms in series with the battery to text the meter if it isn't marked in fine print on the meter face.

Oh it is marked 100 uA so you need 10,000 ohms of series resistance for every volt of full scale. Or 2 megohms for 200 volts.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.