Transparent Balanced PreAmp Or Volume Controller Or Dac with Finite Rotation Encoder Suggestions

Hi everyone
So i want to find a good monitor Level controller.
My Chain is set in stone and will be: Motu Ultralite Mk5 -> Volume controller -> MiniDsp Flex Balanced-> Speakers+Sub
The reason why i need a volume control between Motu and Flex s that i can`t live with Infinite Rotation Encoders that need multiple Turns in order to Regulate Volume.
The Best solution would be a Dac with Toslink input so i could connect the Motu to this Dac via Toslink just before the Flex. I don`t know of any Dacs though that offer Finite Encoder „1 Turn for the whole Volume range“ function
I am not aware if there is a device that can lower volume via toslink ? In which case i could go Motu toslink to the Dac and then Toslink into the Flex

Second solution would be a very transparent Balanced Line Volume Controller . I would prefer not a Passive solution unless it is 10000% certain and certified that it has good channel balance because my experience till now with passive solutions is not good.
Something like the Spl Volume 2 or Control One would be nice.
Also the Fiio K9 (simple version not the Pro)
However if possible i would prefer more compact devices such as the Topping or Smsl products. I have a slight „height issue“ in which it would help if the
Device would not exceed 5 cm in Height (aprox 2 inches )
Budget ,,,,, is not endless so no 1000 euro suggestions please.

Everything up to 500 i would say.
I would very much appreciate any hints on models i might have missed in my search
I need a Volume that Haptically behaves like an Analog Potentiometer on Transistor Amplifiers for decades now.

Cheers

Last edited: