Transmission line corners, square, round or chamfered?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In other words, "it depends." I'm old, so still impacted by the old (20th century) notion that the midrange driver should not be housed in a cube, or other rectilinear enclosure. So I still think that the first corner in a folded line should not invite a standing wave. I also think the reflector should not be 45* since that invites a standing wave from down the line. In general: LF no reflectors; WR maybe one. Speculation only. Try 15 degrees.
I spent many hours making non-parallel boxes back in my formative years. Now I read that it was time well wasted. Whatever.

Last edited:
Regarding Corners.
On the 1 voigt pipe and the 1 BLH I've made, I used "bendy boards" that where glued into plase to round the internal corners perfectly, with just a thin felt covering the section. I sprayed a little bit of water to just get the cavities moist, and then filled them up with polyurethane foam. The water was to increase initial adherence to the walls in the cavity, just read the tips on chemical properties before I used it.

It was very stiff when finished curing, and it was very easy to do. Did not have any reverberation through the cone on any of those, but I have had it on one BR design where using coal fibres (Some completely black insulation material I stumbled over, very stiff) on a specific location completely removed the problem.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.