Transistors, ICs from Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Has anyone bought transistors or ICs from the Chinese/HK sellers from Ebay ?
Over the years, I bought a lot of things on Ebay including from China and Hong Kong and I didn't have any problems.
However, I'm reading all kinds of scare stories about fake transistors bought on the Internet.

For example look at this link:

2 pcs of IRFP450 Power N-Channel MOSFET 14A 500V on eBay (end time 22-Oct-10 21:55:44 BST)

The seller has a very good feed-back, so should I trust him ?

What is your experience with active components from Ebay ?

Hello,

Has anyone bought transistors or ICs from the Chinese/HK sellers from Ebay ?
Over the years, I bought a lot of things on Ebay including from China and Hong Kong and I didn't have any problems.
However, I'm reading all kinds of scare stories about fake transistors bought on the Internet.

For example look at this link:

2 pcs of IRFP450 Power N-Channel MOSFET 14A 500V on eBay (end time 22-Oct-10 21:55:44 BST)

The seller has a very good feed-back, so should I trust him ?

What is your experience with active components from Ebay ?

I think, buy the component from non-authorized or unwell know distributor you have the risk. You may get the scraped material (not meet specification or any problem) that escape from manufacturing or the fake component.

Please try with conventional voltage regulator first from unwell know chinese source. Looking for the cheapest one then order just 500-1k. You will see.

Goodluck. :wave:

TL082 and TL072 are just different stamps on the same part. Given todays maturity of the semiconductor industry, they are no more different than TL072 from different manufacturers or maybe production runs.
Reichelt is a nice to deal with company, but they usual don't guaranty specific manufacturers.
I have no idea how or where they source their stuff.
regards

TL082 and TL072 are just different stamps on the same part.

Thanks for the info. As I said before, I looked at the datasheets and the specs are close or identical.

Reichelt is a nice to deal with company, but they usual don't guaranty specific manufacturers.

Other than Reichelt, which I know of, what are the good places to buy from in Germany ?

Hello,

Has anyone bought transistors or ICs from the Chinese/HK sellers from Ebay ? . . .
Would somebody be kind enough to give a quick overview of how these transactions work? I see quite a few E-Bay sellers from China, some with quite extensive histories and high ratings. I'm probably interested in component parts, with orders under US$100, so I'd probably use PayPal - or is there a more preferred method of payment? Do you use the "standard" shipping (I presume this takes about 10 - 15 days) or other methods? Do I have to pay customs, tariff, duties, etc (and how are they collected)? Is language a significant problem when dealing with China?

I know that gray-market, sub-prime, and counterfeit components is another subject entirely - but how do you approach the problem? I certainly don't have the means to thoroughly inspect and test the components I buy, even if I limited it to a few parameters of special significance. Do you expect to receive some sub-standard parts, even from otherwise reputable sellers?

Thanks for your help,
Dale

Just because a seller has a high feedback rating or many sales, does not mean they are reputable.

As an example, Tzeng Albert has (had) a high rating.
He was also a scam artist of the highest order and sold fake after fake.!!!!!
(Do a search of the name on the forum.)

His rating was inflated by basically selling items to himself and giving himself good feedback.

Not all Chinese/Hong kong sellers are bad......many are.

So what do you do ?

Source from other countries, always use Paypal, always give bad feedback immediately if the parts are not what was ordered or do not work and always file a claim with Ebay and Paypal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.