transistor TDA1541A I/V?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks.

There are a couple of symbols I'm not used to on this scheme.

Can I use the same 19v source for both 19v points?

Where it's marked 19V with a ground symbol under it, is it a 19V source?

Also, would there be a way to replace the 2SK170BL and all the parts around it by something else?

What's the circle with a triangle in the middle?

I know thay my creations work with it........they were designed using it..............but don't ask what thread they are in. Or if I have any schematics, because I honestly do not. Maybe some of the gang has diagrams that they care to share.

Basically.............you put the current into a common base stage, that has CCS all around it.

Jocko

DragonMaster said:
Is there a cheaper alternative than transistors?

Yes, an resistor;)

Originally posted by DragonMaster Can I use the same 19v source for both 19v points?

You need +19V (top) and -19V (bottom) and ground between.

Originally posted by DragonMaster Where it's marked 19V with a ground symbol under it, is it a 19V source?

Yes, that is a +19V source.

Originally posted by DragonMaster Also, would there be a way to replace the 2SK170BL and all the parts around it by something else?

2SK170BL, 1k resistor and 200 Ohm trimer represent 2mA (trimable) current source and can be replace with other trimable 2mA current source of your choice.

Originally posted by DragonMaster What's the circle with a triangle in the middle?

It's there just to show that TDA1541A is current output dac, it is not a component or anything.

Thanks,

Yes, an resistor
As long as I know, a resistor does not amplify current. ;)

You need +19V (top) and -19V (bottom) and ground between.
Arrgh... I was planning to use a 19v-0-19v analog PSU like the TNT design, but I will have to get that voltage higher if I want to filter+ re-regulate it. Will I need to modify the value of the resistors around the TL431 regulators of the DAC part?

2SK170BL, 1k resistor and 200 Ohm trimer represent 2mA (trimable) current source and can be replace with other trimable 2mA current source of your choice.

Like what? Is it working at any voltage?

Jocko Homo said:
I know thay my creations work with it........they were designed using it..............but don't ask what thread they are in. Or if I have any schematics, because I honestly do not. Maybe some of the gang has diagrams that they care to share.

Basically.............you put the current into a common base stage, that has CCS all around it.

Jocko

Here is one. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6121&highlight=

DragonMaster said:
Which one's the best between both?

I couldn't begin to answer that question as I don't use either but the simple and cheap enough to make building both a possibility.
You could also try the Pass D1 i/v stage. The general opinion on that stage is very positive.

BTW About the resistor i/v. That is what I use. While it does not amplify current, it does produce a voltage proportional to the current flowing through it.

I couldn't begin to answer that question as I don't use either but the simple and cheap enough to make building both a possibility.
Components? I'm gonna use mostly Xicon and Panasonic components. I need to make it low cost

You could also try the Pass D1 i/v stage. The general opinion on that stage is very positive.

I don't think it's cheap to build this tho. The only thing I found about it is that it needs high caps and it has a balanced output.

DragonMaster said:

Components? I'm gonna use mostly Xicon and Panasonic components. I need to make it low cost

Aside from the two output caps, and they do not have to too expensive , all the other parts should be fairly inexpensive

I don't think it's cheap to build this tho. The only thing I found about it is that it needs high caps and it has a balanced output.

It does not have to be balanced and, as above, the output caps will be the most expensive items.

DragonMaster said:
Orange Drops or OSCONs? ;) (That's the most expansive caps I'm gonna buy before I start to work.)

For output caps, I've never had been in a situation that needed anything larger than around 22uf and I haven't used Orange Drops outside PSU's, so I can't comment. Perhaps an advantage of Pedja Rogic's stage is that the 10uf output cap allows you to use a decent quality non-electrolytic without breaking the bank.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.