• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Transformer Chassis Seat Antek 300/400

As of 5-5-2024 I now have 2 new "kits" (Version 2) for the vertical transformer mount (designed for Antek 200, 300, or 400VA) for FREE. 1 per person please. Interested person provides me a shipping label so no monetary transaction required. Reach out to me via PM for details. I'll post pics as they are different color prints now (blue and "clear" as I ran out of white TPU material). I'll continue to update this post with what's available as they are snagged up. The "kit" I'll send includes the "squishy" TPU (thermal polyurethane) seat, a rubber guarded stainless steel pipe strap, and associated hardware (bolts, washers, nuts) to mount your transformer vertically over a "lip up" (or lip down) perforated chassis bottom plate. (it's a complete kit to securely mount the transformer physically to the bottom plate).
-------------------------------------‐‐--------------------------------------------

20240324_201503.jpg

Hit me up via PM if you need help getting the design printed. I've posted the files for anyone to use with no stipulations. Use as you see fit. If you want to print yourself I'm happy to share slicer suggestions to ensure a good print.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ing-of-antek-300-400va-3d-print-files.410476/

Below is a link to what it looks like installed in the 4U chassis. An Antek 300VA and 400VA both have been confirmed to fit and are very secure (I can lift the entire chassis up by the donut with no slip/slide, so it's solid). I can tweak the design if folks want to use it for a 500VA, but I have not confirmed the stainless steel pipe strap fits over it. At the bare minimum, you may need some extra washers and longer bolts to get a 500VA Antek to fit snug and secure. Height wise, a 500VA transformer will fit just fine in a 4U chassis.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/f5m-kit.408290/post-7627904
20240316_120521.jpg

You can get an accurate shipping quote at PirateShip.com and I've found they have better pricing than going to UPS or USPS websites.

Package will be a 6x9 padded envelope weighing under 6oz and will be shipped from 98188. [Use this info for accurate price quote to ship]
20240316_151305.jpg

I'd appreciate if the folks who grab these simply provide me some feedback on what does, and does not, work well with this design. I'm already working version 2 that incorporates a slot for those who wish to have 'lip up' for the bottomed perforated plate which allows the transformer seat to sit over the lip to get as close to front of chassis as possible. This first version works fine lip down, but I'm happy to include version 2 if you prefer.

(If you want to simply print this yourself using your own 3D printer, a friends 3D printer, a Makerspace in your city, or a fab house like JLCPCP, I've put the files needed (STL or 3MF) in the following thread: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ing-of-antek-300-400va-3d-print-files.410476/)

Attachments

• 20240316_123722.jpg
    20240316_123722.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Transformer Chassis Seat Antek 300-400VA (Ver_2).zip
    674.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user