transconductance power amplifier for current-drive loudspeaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I have seen it, as it was published on Internet.
It helps me a little with crossovers and with understanding what I am pushing in right direction.
With it I could check my own opinion, as unite the stuff
in a system. But schematics of my "current drive" amps
are different from yours. I have two ones.
Soon, I wiil open my report on the subject.

menekken said:
is your amplifier a real current amplifier with infinite impedence response from 20 to 20000 hz????
ahem... in the real world there is no such thing as "infinite impedance".

A (real) current source is anything where Zout > Zload. A good one is when it's not just ">" but ">>" (that in practice usually means at least one order of magnitude larger).

An other article about current driven loudspeakers :

Loudspeaker Distortion Reduction
JAES Volume 32 Issue 12 pp. 956-963; December 1984
Nonlinear distortion and frequency response aberrations are the major weaknesses of low-frequency loudspeaker systems. A multiple-loop feedback system is presented that deals effectively with both of these problems. The feedback system, utilizing current and velocity feedback, also decouples the system Q factor from enclosure and driver parameters. A theoretical analysis is presented which has been the basis for several successful system designs. Extensive data on several practical systems have been taken to show the usefulness of this approach. Data for two of these systems are given here.
Authors: Greiner, Richard A.; Sims, Jr., Travis M.

It is one of ...

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 666
This is my 3-band loudspeaker with current-drive amplifiers.
I have applied a modification of the classic JLH amplifier class A as Hi & Mid current-drive amplifiers. TDA7293 is a low frequency amplifier now, but it isn’t in current-drive mode. I’ll use current-drive mode for Low Fr. with a mechanical FB.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 522
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.