TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

The Brits are right: Source is the most important. The sound differences of good power amps are not big. But preamps can do sound extreme different. So preamp is more important than power amp.

The earlier in the audio chain, the lower distortion should be, since each subsequent component increases the order of the distortion products of the earlier components by its own distortion.

A chain consisting of a preamp with 1% 2ndHD, an amp with .1% and a speaker with .01% will be very different from the reverse.

JMF11 shared his opinion of the comparison, and it seemed that the NeatAmp was a good match for his tastes. How about for you? How did it sound compared to the other TPA3251 amps you have like the Aiyima or the 3e-Audio? Your Aiyima is heavily modified, any sense of how it sounds compared to a vanilla Aiyima?

I keep on saying that the DrMordor TPA3255 gets the first place for me )
TAS 3251 vs Modified Aiyima TPA3251 : I prefer the Aiyima because I found it more "organic", more dynamic. ..JMF11 did not share my opinion, this is once more very subjective....

If there is one common denominator between all these amps, it is the soundstage which is great for the three models. The dual Mono Merus is much less persuasive about the soundstage, JMF11 and myself we were OK.

Now if you only consider the ratio performance / price : the modified Aiyima TPA3251 wins hands down )

Good evening amigos,

Here is the next step concerning the Drmodor TPA3255 module (then will come the Gan and the Purifi with Custom buffer). I decided to push the test of this amp with a well-known store in Paris and Lyon. I asked 3 experts from the store to test DrMordor's module for a week on a multitude of very high-end speakers. Since the Drmodor's module has not yet been measured, the exercise is to collect the opinion of professionals in the field to get an idea of ​​the quality of the module vs other amps in the shop.

It is a very famous shop which has very demanding customers and who have had a reputation for 45 years!

The founder will give me his expert opinion by next weekend.

I have already had the pleasure of listening to DrMordor's TPA3255 at the store plugged into wide band speakers with a deported "Pavilion", great ultra high ends speakers by the way ! It was impressive, and the customers were a little stunned.

Frankly I am confident and know these are very critical experts...

Some pictures + quick Video :

VID_20201205_162016

Last edited:
daniboun, thanks for sharing the images and the video unfortunately I know the traders well, they will never tell the truth about what they have heard otherwise how do they sell their expensive products:)
Is the amplifier the latest version of drMordor without a potentiometer?

I trust this shop, I know the founder who has a solid reputation in France.
He is known to be very critical in his tests.
I know he will not give any gifts regarding his appreciation.

Keep in mind that this is a service rendered from passionate to passionate and not a test in view of selling a product)

I trust this shop, I know the founder who has a solid reputation in France.
He is known to be very critical in his tests.
I know he will not give any gifts regarding his appreciation.

Keep in mind that this is a service rendered from passionate to passionate and not a test in view of selling a product)
Know them too (shop and founder), for 40 years...
Agree they do not make money by selling electronic stuff.
They are in the speakers kit business, and mostly honest (not money/margin possessed).