TPA3116d2 module from Aliexpress - Opinions

Hi,
did anyone already used any of these Chinese TPA3116d2 modules being sold in Aliexpress and Ebay?

Any experience or opinions about it?

BIcO1UF.png

kpgZRASiAlMHsJJErNvg+yBSmBlEBKICXQJ4FEqT7JZH5KICWQEkgJzF4CiVKz74NsQUogJZASSAn0SSBRqk8ymZ8SSAmkBFICs5dAotTs+yBbkBJICaQEUgJ9EkiU6pNM5qcEUgIpgZTA7CWQKDX7PsgWpARSAimBlECfBBKl+iST+SmBlEBKICUwewkkSs2+D7IFKYGUQEogJdAngUSpPslkfkogJZASSAnMXgKJUrPvg2xBSiAlkBJICfRJ4P8B3PF+7OmBaPQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

bNeSPQCLQFbB1oBBqB5UWgLeDyyr45bwQagbaArQONQCOwvAj8D6rvBNE4H5DOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

nABlqOC.png

Last edited:
This is a PBTL. Which means two bridged amps in parallel. It can push some serious power into a 2 Ohm loudspeaker. At 24V into 2 Ohm with 1% THD 120 Watt.

Imo these BTL modules sound more solid than the usual (BTL) version, even on 6-4 Ohm.
As there are just too many versions around, this is some kind of a "Maybe", as it is only recognized by me with the ones I had or have.

If you find it noisy, this is not the TPA, but only the gain setting the manufacturer has chosen. In China anything has to be bigger than the competition, so they often set it to stupid high amplification. You can correct this by changing the gain SMD resistors.
You sure find it by using the search function. Just like a lot of tweaking information.

This is one of the "nothing wrong with them" PCB's, if the gain is reasonable. I have some of them and they work very good.

Modification I would do are setting the right gain for your application (pre-amp) and bridging the diode in the positive voltage feed.

Have fun!

Last edited:
@lawofohms

Can you post a picture of the rear side?

Seems, apart from the normal "Chinese fake anything mentality", they are running out of genuine chips they have to import, in more than one sector.
They still can not copy the newer, mixed technology chips, that is why the use this easy to identify Fake chip, which has only a fraction of the TPA3116D2's contacts. Just putting the "magic number" on a cheap IC will not make it the right thing inside...

Would be interesting to know about the response of the seller! Did you ask him about his fake product? Money returned?

A fantastic example of Chinese criminal creativity.
Any idea what chip this is?
As long as there are idiots buying crap there will be people producing crap.
You´re buying a 3$ amp and expect it to be any good if that is already above the cost of the PCB?
These people should know it is like a lottery at best.

Get boards from local or at least known manufacturers. There is plenty of information here in the forums. Just open your eyes and don´t be so cheap.
If you can´t afford a proper board buy used stuff. That is much more hifi than crappy class-d boards.

Interesting regarding the product advertised in that link above^, I have several similar (dual chip) boards, and they all perform well, much more than a 10w chip.

As for the random small tpa boards, it can really be a matter of odds unless you know that the buyer and product have been proven.

The AliExpress page shows the faked boards.
6$ is the normal price for a real TI board, I have a hand full of those. Looking identical at first sight, but no number and a little different silk screen. Could be from the same production line. Maybe they ran out of real TI chips.

Good to know that buyer protection is worthless on AliExpress. Faked products are no reason for a refund. So Ali knows exactly that these are criminals.
China sucks...

This is what Ali claims:

"!Last Updated on April 29, 2021
When can you get a refund for an item from AliExpress? To put it simply, always. If the item arrives in the wrong color or size, looks different from the seller’s photos, does not work or is damaged, turned out to be a counterfeit instead of a well-known brand – you can get your money back. AliExpress works like a regular trading platform, so you can get back what you have spent even if you simply do not like the product."