Total noob

Hello, I had to add it because the hole that I made originally was for a Lii silver 8, when switched to the chr120 the hole was too large so I had to use a baffle, now that I changed again for the EMS driver I had to enlarge it again... :)
Ok I got ya...well it still made them look nice...also did the Extra space from moving the speaker forward in the baffle affect the tuning/tone...I don’t know a lot about the symbols (f0,f3,f6,fs...etc.) but I have learned that area volume and shape are major factors in proper tuning.

FHs use the wall behind to make the mouth virtually larger. How far from the wall depends on the room as well as pther factors.

dave
Ok dave sounds good....I can come off the wall with the front of the speaker about 2-2.5 ft. max so if the depth of the fh Joan front to back is 18” for example then I’ll be off the wall with the back about 6-12” max...what would be your thoughts...would the give sufficient space?

Your "JOAN" version of the Frugel-Horn will sound very nice, uncannily so...that is the magic of full-rangers. I built my five-inch full-range pair using versions of enclosures many others had previously been researching & experimenting with, endlessly. You see, an individual can research & try virtually endless variations, with hit or miss results...many have come before all of us so that we can build the best...so, here we are...a "small" full-ranger in an ultimately optimized cabinet design. BTW, my five-incher full-ranger...rated at 20 Watts, I drive with a 100 Watt Carver amp...I'm careful, you should too...

-----------------------------------------Rick...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Your "JOAN" version of the Frugel-Horn will sound very nice, uncannily so...that is the magic of full-rangers. I built my five-inch full-range pair using versions of enclosures many others had previously been researching & experimenting with, endlessly. You see, an individual can research & try virtually endless variations, with hit or miss results...many have come before all of us so that we can build the best...so, here we are...a "small" full-ranger in an ultimately optimized cabinet design. BTW, my five-incher full-ranger...rated at 20 Watts, I drive with a 100 Watt Carver amp...I'm careful, you should too...

-----------------------------------------Rick...
Thanks Richard for the boost and reassurance about the build.

I’m also researching a good amp and possible dac combo but I have to keep the price down...I’ve seen ayima...douc....dayton....and a couple of other brands...all around my pricing area...any thoughts in this area would also of great help....thanks again to all for the help.

I’m also researching a good amp and possible dac combo but I have to keep the price down...I’ve seen ayima...douc....dayton....and a couple of other brands...all around my pricing area...any thoughts in this area would also of great help....thanks again to all for the help.
Topping and SMSL measure the best arround on sites like ASR in the relative budget section. A Topping E30 dac and a Topping PA5 amp would be a great neutral conbo if you're after that for les than 500$.