4I2A1132.JPEG
    53.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 4I2A1146.JPEG
    4I2A1146.JPEG
    43.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 4I2A1179.JPEG
    4I2A1179.JPEG
    48.5 KB · Views: 25
Drove the back roads 4/8, ste rt 203 + 3, from Marysville IN (my summer camp) to Vernon IN. 3.5 minutes of totality. Beautiful weather. Muscatatec Jensen Cty park had a beautifully mowed slope facing south so I laid on a garbage bag on the ground and did not strain my neck. For first time, had authentic eclipse glasses courtesy a link from CNN to American Astronomical Assn website. My local discount store had them, not Wallyworld. $2. Gave away 4 pairs at the park, to people that watch Fox news. One couple from S. Carolina via Ky Butler state park, one couple from Crestwood a Louisville suburb. Got home in 90 minutes, where TV news was still showing 20 mph traffic on I65 at Henryville, 15 miles west of Marysville. Ha. My only slowdown was a lumberyard truck roaring up a steep hill, northbound. FIrst time to see totality, probably the last time. 42 years they said? The coronas are more interesting on the TV (Nova) but the actual event live was amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
I live in Maine, and had to travel about 2 hours to catch totality, but the sky was completely cloudless. Here's a montage of some photos I took. The photos around the perimeter were taken with an ND filter in place (time proceeds clockwise starting at the full sun). The central image is a composite of a wide range of exposures taken during totality, using no ND filter. I confess to having sharpened the composited central images to bring out the structure of the corona. The other images are "as viewed."

Few
Eclipse sequence circular.jpg

Reactions: 6 users