• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Toshiba 2SJ201 & 2SK1530 - only a few now! For F5 amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I have in hand a small batch of both devices that I have run through my curve tracer and determined the best matches. Initially I thought the spread was very large, but using an external scope to verify the actual gate step voltages it turns out that the maximum spread is <200mv worst case between devices on opposite ends of the batch.

Having said that, there are fewer devices than I expected available after taking my own out and making some available to my local DIY friend.

If folks go bonkers here, needing them, I may go back and order a much much larger batch and that will produce many more multiple device matches (for the CViller type board) and more rather close matches for the regular F5.

Here's exactly what I have right now available:

batch # | Description | Use | Price

(1) 4ea K1530 & J201 (CViller) $135
(2) 4ea K1530 & J201 (CViller) $135
(3) 2ea K1530 & J201 (Std F5) $48
(4) 4pcs ea K1530 & J201 (Std F5)** $14 per pair (must buy P & N)

** these are not matched to each other but are usable and within 200mv for biasing

The other batches have the Pch matched closely to each other and the Nch matched closely to each other. P & N ch are not exactly matched, but are probably better than <100mv apart on bias.

First come, first served, USA/Canada sales get preference, because they are easier to handle, POST HERE - this is the list!

Sorry I don't have more right now...

Attachments

• CURVE-TRACE-1.jpg
    CURVE-TRACE-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 618
  • CURVE-TRACE-2.jpg
    CURVE-TRACE-2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 603
  • LINE-UP.jpg
    LINE-UP.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 595
Josef,

I have only one each of the 4 sets!
Batch (3) is sold and gone.
The number of devicesI I got was not that large.
I took for myself enough for 2 x Cviller in stereo.
Someone local to me took enough for 4 std F5 boards...

What I have remaining is for sale.
You can choose one of the larger sets, or select the same number of devices from the (4) set... BUT the shipping to you is going to be high from the USA. I would think you can find them easier in Europe or from Asia...

Thanks.

_-_-bear

Last edited:
simplified here is what is available as of now:

batch # | Description | Use | Price

(1) 4ea K1530 & J201 (CViller) $135
(2) 4ea K1530 & J201 (CViller) $135

(4) 4pcs ea K1530 & J201 (Std F5)** $14 per pair (must buy P & N)

There is ONE set of (1) & (2) available.

Batch (4) is 8 pcs, 4 N and 4 P - random distribution, but within 200mv on bias, so fine for std F5, and $7 per device...

_-_-bear

Since you are not sure when you can do what we discussed , I will take a set for the cviliier amp , what is the difference between 1&2 ..

err no 1........ I guess .... take a set ....

Ok... I PM'd you before I read the thread tonite. It's urs...

The only thing left - pending one more paypal yet to be checked on are the assorted Tosh's (4). These are perfectly good for the standard F5 build. Keep in mind that no one had matched sets for the Fairchild or IRF parts, afaik - and the one I heard here that sounded quite excellent (and I am not easy to please in this regard) used random Fairchilds in the standard F5 config...

_-_-bear

Ok, specialidiot, (quite a name!) yours is being held for you.

Waiting for the remaining paypals now.
If everyone follows through I am out of Tosh's for now.
However, if ur still interested, please post, because sometimes folks get cold feet for one reason or another and do not follow through.
Waiting list...

Thanks to everyone who has ordered so far!
I'll be trying to sort out who gets what now, and pack them and ship as soon as I get my act together.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.