Toroid @ PE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes you are right on Richie00boy. That is exactly what I was thinking.

:att'n: Anybody else who purchased this transformer please tape off the brown wire. :att'n:

This must have been specially made for a unique application. The brown wire will not come in useful for any of our applications. Great deal at only $7 each, even with the shipping costs.

Fuse Wire

I spec'd these transformers for Parts Express. I didn't have any other specifications for them either, but...

The Brown Fuse wire is used for amplifiers where the fuse holder is connected directly to the transformer (required for UL or CSA listing). When using a 240/120V selector switch, this wire is used. Otherwise, tape it off.

If anyone has second thoughts about their purchase, I would be interested in paying a premium for these transformers as they fit a form factor I need. Please send me an email if you are interested.

I actually ordered four while they were still in stock but the inventory system must have been overloaded, because I didn't get them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.