Toningen ribbon tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tonegen ribbon tweeter

Does anyone remember this tweeter?
It was used by Heybrook and Townsend that I know about and, I would think,others too.
I need to get repaired and have seen an advert on eBay for a guy that seems to know a lot about infinity emits.my blown tweeter says emit on the back.were the tonegen tweeters made by emit?
The diaphragm has an emit model number.
I sent a picture to the guy but he didnt recognise the chassis and magnet but the diaphragm he did.
Would it be a safe bet to send it to him if it's not a known emit tweeter but has a diaphragm that he has in stock with the same model number.
Thanks

Last edited:
Something like this?

Attachments

• EMIT Tweeter.JPG
    EMIT Tweeter.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 310
here is a photo looks Asian. Best regards Moray James.

Does anyone remember this tweeter?
It was used by Heybrook and Townsend that I know about and, I would think,others too.
I need to get repaired and have seen an advert on eBay for a guy that seems to know a lot about infinity emits.my blown tweeter says emit on the back.were the toningen tweeters made by emit?
The diaphram has an emit model number.
I sent a picture to the guy but he didnt recognise the chassis and magnet but the diaphram he did.
Would it be a safe bet to send it to him if it's not a known emit tweeter but has a diaphram that he has in stock with the same model number.
Thanks

Attachments

• Heybrook Ribbon Tweeter.jpg
    Heybrook Ribbon Tweeter.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 291
I have the same problem, blown Tonegen tweeter from one of my heybrook sextets. Is the repair man on you mentioned on ebay called Marks from
Kentucky? I have been talking to him on ebay. I sent him pics of my tweeter and damaged diaphragm to check he could fix it but he hasn't confirmed yet. Did you send yours off for repair? It seems that these tweeters were made by Infinity in USA (EMIT is their brand name) and sold as Tonegen. Let me know if you have had yours fixed, if not I'll go ahead and let you know how I get on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.