To Raspberry Pi/BeagleBone Black/CuBox/UDOO owners: RuneAudio is looking for testers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pretty quiet here on the Rune front...so I thought I'd ask if you've managed to get hold of a Cubieboard for porting yet?
Hi kimbo, everything seems quiet because we are working hard on a huge rework of the web interface in these days :) The next 0.3-beta release will be a milestone release on that front.
About Cubieboard, we are going to buy a board because we are interested in porting RuneAudio to it, but we have to choose the right one to begin with (Cubieboard, Cubieboard2 or Cubietruck). We are waiting some feedback before deciding.

I'm torn, because I bought a Cubie2 to play with, since it has the best price/perf of the three, but it doesn't have I2S out(the Cubietruck does). It has SPDif out though and should work fine with any async USB DAC's as well. The Cubie2 is ~$60US, while the CubieTruck is ~$90US, although it does have Wifi and Bluetooth as well (I don't need that).. I'm hoping that which ever unit you port to, the others will be easily ported to.

I'd love to help out in the porting process if there is any way that I can to move things along. I'm not a programer, but I have been working with Linux for a long time, and I think I should be able to assist

Last edited:
I'm torn, because I bought a Cubie2 to play with, since it has the best price/perf of the three, but it doesn't have I2S out(the Cubietruck does). It has SPDif out though and should work fine with any async USB DAC's as well. The Cubie2 is ~$60US, while the CubieTruck is ~$90US, although it does have Wifi and Bluetooth as well (I don't need that).. I'm hoping that which ever unit you port to, the others will be easily ported to.

Ditto Mr Slim......however I'm thinking that the Cubie Truck option may be more 'future proof' and I'd be more able to repurpose it if I ever wanted to repurpose it for another project.

Thank you MrSlim, your help is surely appreciated. I didn't notice that Cubieboard2 does not have I2S out, we are going to consider that too while deciding the porting priority.

Once you decide then please let us know.....I'd then order one immediately to ensure it arrives down under in time for any release.

Also very happy to test for you.....but I don't know how useful I'd be as the digital world is pretty new (and exciting) to me.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
hi 我是中国的,我安装了raspberry 0.2beta版本的runeaudio,和volumio1.1beta版本对比,你的这个版本好像没有volumio好,两个声音差不多,你的启动速度快,希望新的版本更好,谢谢你开发这个软件。

:cop:
请仅使用英文

English only please :)

Hi I am a Chinese, I installed version runeaudio raspberry 0.2beta, contrast and volumio1.1beta versions, your version no volumio seems good, two sounds similar to your startup speed, hopes that the new version is better, thank you for developing this software.

I can access Google translated page, just explained is not clear, now is to open two pages, one this forum. Another Google translate web pages, Google Translate English to help me complete the Chinese turn to this forum.

Type your text in google translate in Chinese, and then copy / paste English here on your forum post.

鍵入谷歌翻譯在中國的文字,然後複製/在這裡對您的論壇帖子粘貼英語。

You can drag and drop links from your web link directly to Google translate (below text boxes) in order to translate whole web page.

您可以將您的網站鏈接拖放直接鏈接到谷歌翻譯(下面的文本框),以翻譯整個網頁。

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.