to all greedy boyz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Zen Mod said:
why should I?
gimme one good reason...........

One good reason?
Papa is kind, but not kind as much as you are.

More good reasons?
You open this thread . . .
You have a pretty daughter . . .
Means a lovely wife too . . .
You have four eyes . . .
You like the word, sh@t!
You have a good friend, Oly . . .
You are a beloved son of Papa . . .
You don't like moderators . . .
You don't like policemen . . .
You are from Europe . . .
You have beutiful hairy legs . . .
You have a big enuf BBQ grill . . .
Your Babelfish is popular . . .
Your Babelfish PCB is beautiful . . .
My Babo Zen is not that much popular . . .
I have thought you as a friend . . .
Still more . . . ?

:darkside:

Thanks a lot for sharing!!! What a generous present!

I just wished I was smart enough to figure out how to put the various UGS into that amp and build a nice 2 channel version...

O+, O- are obviously to be connected to the outputs of the UGS, but why are there 2 different ones? They should be the same, no?

I, I are the inputs for the UGS, I'd say.

B,B ? :confused:

By the way, cheff, I really like your current mirror version of the UGS, the UGS3! Great job!

Cheers, Hannes

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
CheffDeGaar said:
Something puzzling me...

A grand total of 40 Mosfets (8/channel). Bias per mosfet : 1A (470mV accross 0R47 source resistors) Supply at 32V.
So each mosfet idles at around 30W, leading to a total dissipation of 1.2kW at idle :confused:

Where did I go wrong ?

Master of Seventh Gear...
you are right in calcs,but it wasn't first time that Papa wrote in srvman something to puzzle us ........anyway- I'll not take this values too seriously ; both- 0V94 across two 0R47s and also just 200W of dissipation ,what is mentioned in user man of X5. probably something in middle is how things really are ....
anyway- his intention never was to take us finished prescription ;
X5 servman certainly is more than good enough guide for DIYer ........

in any case - good that you ask that question; I'll wait in near corner ,just to see what Papa will invent as answer (besides not equally biased halves,quarters......)

mebbe negative bias through some part of circ :devilr:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
h_a said:

I just wished I was smart enough to figure out how to put the various UGS into that amp and build a nice 2 channel version..........................

Cheers, Hannes

just imagine that few connection in UGS are cut and opened to outer world......so - instead dreky little one ,you can place your favorite brand of audiophile resistor,made of preputium ,for instance :devilr:

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Zen Mod said:
anyway- now you probably printed what you need........comments?

comments . . . ?
Uhh . . . UGS is a voltage gain stage, isn't it? Now I know how to use JFETs even thougt I have difficulties to get them. Hmm . . . I will try to r&d my own voltage-gain-magic-box. I might finish the project about 5 years later. Call it 5-year development plan . . .

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babowana said:

comments . . . ?
Uhh . . . UGS is a voltage gain stage, isn't it? Now I know how to use JFETs even thougt I have difficulties to get them. Hmm . . . I will try to r&d my own voltage-gain-magic-box. I might finish the project about 5 years later. Call it 5-year development plan . . .

use J310 you have and 2SJ74V........and crank it .........

or
use J310 you have and 2SJ74BL..........

if you can't find them......ask Ruach....

if you can't ask Ruach.........

anyway- YGM

My dear Cheff,

you're perfectly right! Sorry that I completely forgot about that one!

However I thought somebody would immediately start here with the freshly available X5 service manual - and hopefully your marvelous UGSv3!!

Cheers and thank you! Hannes

Any chance that you scribble an actual schematic with component values together? My french is sooo rusty!

Would be great, since in the one you linked to a lot of component values are missing!

Would be soo great, dear Cheff!!

Thanks a lot! With kind regards, Hannes

h_a said:
My french is sooo rusty!

What a shame.
Yesterday evening, we had one heck of a food thriller movie on TV : Une affaire de Gout, starring Bernard Giraudeau.
Before that, i had mental pleasure moments for days from the "bouffer la vieille pute" joke in monday's MTV movie : Killing Zoe.

Checking the Franco-phony forum is entertaining, just picture watching is good inspiration by itself.
Like for example this one, some guy named Francois made these boutons when he still had access to a machine shop. :clown:

Attachments

• francois boutons ugs.jpg
    francois boutons ugs.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 308
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.