Titanium Tweeter down to 2K (or lower)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I still see NOS on eBay and smaller dealers some times

During my studies i've studied a bit the kart chassis frame aging... they loose a part of their performance if the tubes have more than one good season due to the metal fatigue (the chassis looses a part of his elastic properties that are essential for a non damped car)
I prefer a fresh new dome !

Last edited:
Hi,

You need to see the distortion data, not just go on Fs and response.

If it must be titanium, Zaph rates this very highly , albeit at $16 :
"A very nice performing low cost tweeter. In fact it's only downfall
is a slightly rough top end that's not likely to be audible. Very clean
operation on the low end, particularly for a small neo tweeter.
It's a value leader in this price range. Tested May 2008."

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hard-dome-tweeter/vifa-dq25sc16-04-1-titanium-dome-tweeter/

Vifa_DQ25SC16-04-HD.gif

He uses it down to below 2KHz it smaller designs, and lifts the x/o
point somewhat for designs that nominally provide more max SPL.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
During my studies i've studied a bit the kart chassis frame aging... they loose a part of their performance if the tubes have more than one good season due to the metal fatigue (the chassis looses a part of his elastic properties that are essential for a non damped car)
I prefer a fresh new dome !

Ahhh, I wasn't understanding you wanted this for a car. :)

Not Ti, but Scanspeak makes a number of small profile tweeters in ring radiator, soft dome and Be varieties. Not inexpensive like the Vifa Ti dome though.

Hi,

You need to see the distortion data, not just go on Fs and response.

If it must be titanium, Zaph rates this very highly , albeit at $16 :
"A very nice performing low cost tweeter. In fact it's only downfall
is a slightly rough top end that's not likely to be audible. Very clean
operation on the low end, particularly for a small neo tweeter.
It's a value leader in this price range. Tested May 2008."

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hard-dome-tweeter/vifa-dq25sc16-04-1-titanium-dome-tweeter/

Vifa_DQ25SC16-04-HD.gif

He uses it down to below 2KHz it smaller designs, and lifts the x/o
point somewhat for designs that nominally provide more max SPL.

rgds, sreten.

Thanks, great driver !
But i can't find it in France and the shipping and the customs fees from the US are extremely high (a lot higher than the price of the tweeters)

Tangband do one. Not sure the price tho.

Tang Band 25-1719S ?

Ahhh, I wasn't understanding you wanted this for a car. :)

Not Ti, but Scanspeak makes a number of small profile tweeters in ring radiator, soft dome and Be varieties. Not inexpensive like the Vifa Ti dome though.

No, it's for home use and ring radiators are textile made !

Last edited:
Yep, I know ring radiators are textiles. Was just thinking outside of the box if Ti was not the requirement. I've never seen anyone ask specifically for Ti. :)

If it's a metal driver though, Scanspeak makes some very nice Be tweeters under $300.

Best,

Erik

I don't want beryllium it's a poison, an extremely toxic material.
I'm looking for something else than aseptised sounding textile domes.
Thx

Maybe you should try to relax your strict specs a little if you want to build those cabinets someday.
You can't have all at once.

I'm finally planning to use a rigid polymer dome like the Audax TW010F1.
Very nervous and dynamic with a great dispersion when crossed at the lowest as possible (just one cap and a natural cutoff at 3k)
Much more fun than domes... acccording with my last experiemetations.

Last edited:
I don't want beryllium it's a poison, an extremely toxic material.
I'm looking for something else than aseptised sounding textile domes.
Thx

Maybe you are objecting to the ferrofluid damping? I've heard very good textiles. Metal domes _tend_ to exaggerate or ring in the last octave. But the Focal Tioxid's did sound very good to me, and they had a decent motor structure, shame they are gone.

In any event, try this page, it has a good collection of non-textile dome's. Maybe you'll even like a ceramic or aluminum/ceramic. The eton's especially may be to your liking.

Best,

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.