Time to upgrade multimeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are my choices.

Fluke 115 - This is an outstanding multimeter which is very good friend for electronic enthusiasts. Firm and Great quality with big name for just 130$. I bought this for a friend of mine and its a totally over kill for the price.
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_bla...s4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B000OCFFMW

Amprobe (Meterman) 37XR - This is an high end Amprobe DMM with many extras.
Amazon.com: Amprobe 37XR-A True RMS Digital Multimeter: Home Improvement

Equus 3340 - If you can't afford 100$+ for a fluke, This comes very handy. just only 70$ bucks with lots of feature and positive feedbacks.
Amazon.com: Equus 3340 Automotive Digital Multimeter: Automotive

Some features that are handy,
true RMS
temperature probe
transistor testor, allthough you can get by without appart from matching for hfe.
AC measurements in the milivolt range
Capacitance meter, you can build a 1% accurate meter for about $10 thats good to a few hundred nF.
Ultimately this means you are likely going to need more than one meter, you can never have too many.

Like all digital measurements tools they have the worst accuracy at the extremities of their ranges (i.e. the realy low and realy high values).

Thanks so much guys for your opinions. After seeing a couple of youtube videos of MM shootouts, I noticed they were using the Fluke 87V as the master that all others were compared against, I knew I had to get a Fluke.

I went ahead and got the Fluke 189 with USB and FVF Designer software, extra fuse, extra probes, extra battery pack, case and temp probe on Ebay. The seller was also most helpful, which made me feel even better.

Less than $235 shipped total looked like a pretty good deal to me. I just got it in today, It's in great shape. I installed the software and man is this a cool tool to own. Probably overkill for my needs, but well worth the price if you ask me!

Highly recommended!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.