Threshold Stasis 3 Review from 1980

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Leonard Feldman writes up this cherry of a review way back in 1980 for Audio Magazine. I thought it was entertaining on many levels...perhaps you will like it too? 40 years ago if you are counting...

"This PDF is comprised of open source documents available for any person to download from the 'Audio' internet archive."

Attachments

• Threshold_Stasis_3_Review_1980.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 864
I operate this Stasis 3 on a pair of Infinity RS3b's and its low end is superb. After the amp has warmed up for about an hour it sounds superb.
I recently replaced its 40 year old filter caps with two 56.000 uF new ones which did improve the low end even further.
Relatively small but powerful and beautiful amplifier heartily recommended.

I have and am in the process of restoring a Stasis II, which is cosmetically mint, but it has been modded over the years and is in need of a complete rebuild. It was driving a pair of Acoustat 2+2's and it sounded marvelous, until there was a power outage/glitch and caused something to let smoke out of one channel, it's been sitting now for 20 years, I have had it close to 30 years. I am looking forward to hearing it again.

Thanks for posting the review.

Cheers

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Did I mention somewhere that I put together a simpler design for the front
end for the Stasis 2 and 3 and the following series?

I had someone whose front ends were trashed, and I took pity on him, plus it
was an opportunity to do the circuit with one less gain stage.

I also made some nice boards for it, and it worked great.

:snail:

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Did I mention somewhere that I put together a simpler design for the front
end for the Stasis 2 and 3 and the following series?

I had someone whose front ends were trashed, and I took pity on him, plus it
was an opportunity to do the circuit with one less gain stage.

I also made some nice boards for it, and it worked great.

:snail:

THAT is something I’d like to see :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.