threshold PCR1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The first ML-2 Class A (power) amplifier with the 'E-Core' transformer was introduced in 1976 their first pre-amp the LNP-2 (only 5 LNP-1's were made) was introduced in 1973.
MLAS Ltd. (Mark Levinson Audio Systems) was grounded in 1972 by the person Mark Levinson.
Don't think Threshold corp. was much earlier with their pre- and poweramps.
Thought your first product was introduced in 1975 the 800A
I owned a pair of the ML2s from mid-80ties to the early 90ties or so, and it was grand machines, and very good with the original Quad electrostatics. Not so much above other amplifiers on the ESL-63s, so I let them go. Regretting and not regretting. They were huge and impractical and heated the apartment. But these are good amplifiers. There are some so-called “JC-3” power amplifiers on eBay. They might have similar topology, but in my opinion it was to a large degree the regulated power supply that “made” the ML-2s. I doubt very much these amplifiers can compare to the original. But might still be good.
Sorry, this is the pass-labs forum, and I have some VFET amplifiers to finish.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.