Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member

I got a quote from a local PCB fab shop recommended
by another member. The cost per PCB is approximately
(including tooling and tax):

$8.00CAD (in quantity of 100)
$5.80CAD (in quantity of 200)

I had asked for a standard thickness, 1oz weight board,
green solder mask, white silkscreen.

Cheers,
Dennis

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the info Dennis. Is that gold plated?

Would the single pcb with the 2 reg boards, 2xpsu and 1xpsu count as a single or is that for a single reg board?

Last question, does that also include scoring if it's a multi-board pcb?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to figure out how many boards to put in the wiki

Joined 2002
Paid Member
twitchie said:
Thanks for the info Dennis. Is that gold plated?

Would the single pcb with the 2 reg boards, 2xpsu and 1xpsu count as a single or is that for a single reg board?

Last question, does that also include scoring if it's a multi-board pcb?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to figure out how many boards to put in the wiki

My mistake...I wasn't being clear.

The quotes are for tin-plated boards. And each
PCB (100mm x 116mm) is as laid out here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1672873#post1672873

I told them scoring is required so I assume that's
what they quoted me for.

Cheers,
Dennis

Dennis, those specs are basically what I always use, but I will sometimes go for heavier copper for no reason but that it is cheap and makes me feel good. Also, I always go for the leaded solder plating. Yeah, yeah, I am a baaaaad man! :devilr:

Did a quick online quote with PCBNet, as they are pretty much my favorite manufacturer, and have been quite good to me in the past (have probably ordered 500 boards from them myself, and a friend ordering boards of my design probably has accounted for another 700 or so). Just went though quickly, and didnt see an option for scoring multiple panelized boards, but 100 boards would cost about $5usd each and 200 boards would cost about $3.50 each, all including shipping to me. I would have to call them to get a proper quote, but this should give some indication. Scoring would probably add a bit, but I have no way to judge the amount, as I have never used it. Their quality really is top notch.

Re: Quote

Dennis Hui said:
I got a quote from a local PCB fab shop recommended
by another member. The cost per PCB is approximately
(including tooling and tax):

$8.00CAD (in quantity of 100)
$5.80CAD (in quantity of 200)

I had asked for a standard thickness, 1oz weight board,
green solder mask, white silkscreen.

Cheers,
Dennis

Thanks for the info, Dennis. Great prices and if the price drops a bit with standard spec boards, (which are good enough) , we are pretty much in the price range that Colin states. Yes please, heavily leaded tracks.

A suggestion: I think we should leave the NS10 boards for now, if it drags out getting an answer from Threshold. It is easy enough to etch a pair, and I beleive the greatest interest is in the Toolereg's, anyways.

Also, it would be a good idea if a new thread is opened in the marketplace. We should be able to easily pass the 200 pcs then.

I am gonna load the CD-player with at least 8 Toolereg's:devilr:

:)

I Have News...

Guys,

Big film caps as C2 (10uf, and we need that value there) are not widely available and Wima’s seem to be almost unobtanium over here or on the other side of the Atlantic as far as we have discuss the matter with other members.

And since we want this project to be as universal as possible we have decided to change the type (and brand) to a good regular mylar cap such as the one often suggested by Nelson for coupling purposes… Panasonic ECQE(F) Non-inductive type available from Digy Key (EF1106-ND) at $4.58 for singles.

Manu will make the changes on the layout and Gerber’s to have leadspace at 22.5 and 27.5mm to have some flexibility there. The board will be some 8mm longer with this change.

I know most like the layout as we have it now but the availability of the Wimas is of great concern.

BTW, Steen is already using this cap on the Tooleregs on his new UGS preamp with excellent results, I posted the link a couple of pages back.

Cheers,

Sounds reasonable Tony, since it should be more universal this way. Mouser has some options which should also fit, such as P/Ns: QXK2E106KTP, DME1W10K-F, and MKS4-10/50/10P15, and you may even be able to find some MKP that fit this spacing. The panasonic looks quite good though. What kind of width are you going to provide for the cap?

Unlikely, but B32674D3106K, which is a 10uf 300v Epcos MKP, may fit. 27.5mm lead spacing, but it is 21mm wide, so probably wont fit the rest of the board.

You might also add an extra pad to hold an axial mylar cap.
In nuke position, an axial 10uF cap like that would only occupy a 15mm diameter space.
E.g. a Vishay Roederstein MKT1813, as papa used in his FET10 preamp, also better/lower tan thitta than the MKS2.
Not pretty to some, but you can park 20uF instead of 10 that way.
Plenty sources in the US and the F-EC who have it, not a cheapo though.

Here, i says it again : Thitta. :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.