Threshold 400a power switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After many years of relaibale service the power switch/breaker seems to have failed on my 400a. I powered it on and the breaker immediately flicked off. Now the switch is loose and exhibits no mechanical resistance to moving into the on or off position. I can see no "reset" for the switch. Is this the normal failure mode? Does anyone know of a replacement switch for this old amplifier?
...j

Nelson Pass said:
Most of the 400A's had a breaker made by Heinemann. I
suggest you try their website for dimensions and such,
and note that there are alternate manufacturers for their
products.

:cool:

Thanks for the quick reply NP,
Yes, I pulled the switch and it is indeed a Heinemann JC1-A8-BB-A. That part number does not produce may hits via Google :| I am still searching for a datasheet for this particular switch. This makes me think that they are not ordinarily failure prone. Any DIY'ers already found a form/fit/function replacement from prior repairs?

The good news is that in spite of the switch's failure the amplifier is intact... I replaced the switch with a 10 amp fuse and it is making good music as I type this.
...j

I purchased a new mains switch for my 400A many moons ago from Jon Soderbergh. I promised member Eric M almost as many moons ago to find out about this switch, and he reminded me yesterday, so I opened up my Threshold 400A, removed the two bolts, grabbed the switch and took some pictures of it.
I am pretty sure this switch from Digikey will work perfect in a 400A:

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...2-V-ND/5084008

Digi-Key Part Number IEGX1-1-62F-14.0-02-V-ND

My switch is labeled Airpax IEGX1-1-62F-14.0-02-V

Please double check, but this seems correct.

/RK

Threshold 400A mains circuit breaker pictures

Here is the pictures of the gircuit breaker I purchased from Jon Soderbergh many years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_6149.jpg
    IMG_6149.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6150.jpg
    IMG_6150.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 181
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.