This never happens when I sell my 901s :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am slowly being pulled into the "quality DIY" speaker camp* and have actually considered reducing my stock of vintage 901 (I, II) speakers. While researching on Ebay I found this exceptional selling price. The listing doesn't indicate anything special; maybe they were owned by Dr. Bose himself and/or perhaps the fiberglass batting had been replaced with a few kilos of high-quality smokeable herbs :rolleyes: In any event a normal price for a pair would be $200-$400. More reasonable explainations are (in order?), a really, really motivated buyer ("One born every minute!") or a shill.

Bose 901 Series I Speakers | eBay

I have some experience with selling on Ebay, if you want a big price for your item expect to have it listed for some time, unless you just get lucky. Some people are uneducated in their shopping, these are the ones that pay and if you are very lucky you will get two or three to bid and a must win attitude develops. That said these people often educate themselves after buying and develop buyer remorse and will try to find a way out. Be honest and take and post many detailed pics of your items for your protection.
a great sales pitch is a must, steal one from a successful seller if necessary.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.