• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

This happens when you hire a good designer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good looking design. It's not the style that I would sketch out myself (I like a combo of wood and metal, like the Lyra Connoissuer preamp and some Italian tube amps, and also the 47 Labs stuff), but I do appreciate the quality of the design work.

Initially, I thought that the knobs were too big, but their thinness balances it out in my eye.

The knobs are kinda cartoonish and playful; you either like them or not, but it's a fun, bold decision to make them that way. Whether you like them or not, you can't fault the designer for not having a deliberate vision.

I feel that successful designers, whether professional or hobbyist, have a really good handle on proportion and spacing, as well as line, detail, color, and material. That's why a lot of DIY designs, while admirable and very cool that they're hand-built, wouldn't be something I would consider buying, cosmetically, if I saw them in a store. No knock on DIYer's; more of a kudos to the skill of good designers.

This one kinda reminds me of a Nagra, but with a clean Scandinavian design twist.

Cool.

KT

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• naim_nait.jpg
    naim_nait.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 484
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.