They followed me home...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I once put a few woofers in an 18,000 seat predominately Black, Baptist Church. I ground stacked them for maximum effect. (Solid floor, flimsy roof... at those levels.) Well they decided they had too much bass so they ended up flying the woofers.

I also added subwoofers to the first MLB ballpark I did. I put subwoofers into a semi-local Arena and virtually every new arena since then has subwoofers. The last one I was at had 30 double 18's at 600 watts per voice coil. It was supposed to be 32, but we ran out of space for them!

But even I am upset with how you swindled those poor garage sale folks. If you send me the serial numbers, I will be glad to tell you they are stolen. (Don't really care if they are or not, for you... they must be stolen!)

The only consolation is that you paid for them with real money Canadian Dollars!

I guess I really can't be jealous..........I also made-off with some garage sale treasures, Yamaha pre, Harmon Kardon tuner & Carver TFM-15CB amp....for $35.

Just for S*** & Giggles, you should pull those drivers one day & measure out the T/S parameters. I would bet big $$ they are not optimized....just to keep box size tolerable for "portable" use.
Again....NICE find!

______________________________________________________Rick........

They gotta be at least 10 years old. He asked 100 dollars, I didn't bargain. He knew what he had and so did I. :)

That means they were put together with real glue not the newer low volatile stuff. Just barely broken in for MI gear. You could ebay the cases for what you paid and still have a pair of good drivers!

(I am only giving you a hard time, because what goes unmentioned in garage sale finds is how much time you spend without finding anything of value.)

Now if you find some TAD parts for $10 or so, that is a different tale....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.