ThermalTrak based Amplifier finished

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy,

I haven't updated this thread in a while. Nothing new to report really. Finished the 2nd amplifier module. Listening to the stereo amp lying naked in my listening room and it sounds great. I'm really slow with the casework. Just started work on the soft-start.

Currently, I do not have any spare PCB's available. I have 2 extras but am holding on to them for a friend. So if you are interested in building your own, I can supply you with the exact same gerber files that I used for production. The design works as published, no rework, part changes, etc.

The gerber ZIP file is 280kb. So I can't attach it here. Email me arius(at)surewest.net for a copy. I authorize reproduction for non-profit personal use only (it is a hobby, after all).

By the way, each board has a total of 8 output devices. That's some money there.

It's nice that the last 2 diodes are available for other circuits. Sweet PCB design.

I imagine a fan control, or a temp protection shutoff for the amp would be a great use.

I've been tempted to try a pair of thermaltraks as drivers for a large number of regular output devices to see how well that would work, since they would warm up as the heatsink warmed up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.