• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hello All,
Unfortunately, the Mouser Yarra cart is a living entity and keeps getting altered. Parts are being added and deleted. At the moment, I would use it with a careful eye on the actual parts list to make sure your own order is correct.
I did have the best intentions with putting together this parts cart to help with ordering, but I fear that it’s causing some headaches. I do apologize if this is the case :confused:

Best regards,
Vunce

Hi Vunce,
Yes, we all appreciate this super gift you are giving us with a shopping cart. It’s like a free 5hr gift of time to spend on things other than looking up a part number and entering it in. Perhaps a posted excel spreadsheet of the Mouser part number and quantity is all we really can depend on. And if we can put a web link to the part, even better. But people are going to have to expect to do a little of their own homework to get their parts. It’s nice being spoon fed like a baby but we all got to grow up some time. :)
Cheers,
X

I must confess to being one of the miscreants who tried to save the shopping cart to my own Mouser account by hitting the Archive button. My bad. I had no idea the cart was live and would be affected by my actions.
It's always helpful to have a BOM of recommended/required parts available for comparison, which I believe we already have. I do tend to make part substitutions based on what I already have or otherwise prefer to use. The Melbourne daughtercard project was set up differently, and I was able to save that to my account without issues. Perhaps the Yara BOM could be made into a project in the same way as the Melbourne?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Pricing on Yarra Custom Case

Ahh... we need to save as a “Project” rather than just a shopping cart.

I just got word from JPS64 regarding the pricing in the custom Yarra case.

Drumroll please ......

I think you will all be pleased that for 20 units, the price is only 101Euros each, not including VAT and shipping. I am still waiting for VAT cost - does anyhow know how to estimate that? I believe it is made in Italy.

So here is the latest GB list for the custom case - now that we have the pricing, if anyone has sticker shock or buyer’s regret, please let us know now. We have 17 now and need 3 more to proceed. Hopefully we can get some. Ode folks soon so we can move forward.

xrk971 - 1 case - USA
JPS64 - 1 case - USA
gary s - 1 case - Australia
Vunce - 1 case - USA
windwardmt - 1 case - USA
TungstenAudio - 1 case - USA
Meanie - 1 case - Singapore
Roundtoit - 1 case - USA
mordikai - 1 case - USA
afoor - 1 case - USA
Big E - 1 case - Canada
TboneAK - 1 case - USA
Sampsonite - 1 case - USA
jwjarch - 1 case - USA
batty - 1 case - Australia
MD_Stryker - 1 case - USA
jhofland - 1 case - USA

attachment.php

Attachments

• E54049AA-F4EB-46F3-AC84-A76649FE7F3B.jpeg
    E54049AA-F4EB-46F3-AC84-A76649FE7F3B.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Interest in Tarra case

xrk971 - 1 case - USA
JPS64 - 1 case - USA
Vunce - 1 case - USA
Roundtoit - 1 case - USA
mordikai - 1 case - USA
afoor - 1 case - USA
Big E - 1 case - Canada
TboneAK - 1 case - USA
Sampsonite - 1 case - USA
jwjarch - 1 case - USA
batty - 1 case - Australia
MD_Stryker - 1 case - USA
jhofland - 1 case - USA
BEYoung -2 cases - USA (if possible)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello All,
Unfortunately, the Mouser Yarra cart is a living entity and keeps getting altered. Parts are being added and deleted. At the moment, I would use it with a careful eye on the actual parts list to make sure your own order is correct.
I did have the best intentions with putting together this parts cart to help with ordering, but I fear that it’s causing some headaches. I do apologize if this is the case :confused:

Best regards,
Vunce

Why not lock it? People can click it, then alter their personal cart if they want to?

Russellc

Since you like those connectors, buy them while you still can. If they happen to work in this project, great! If they don't, you've got them in your parts bin ready for the next project.

That is a good idea.

I should ask the dealer for a cut sheet with dimensions. It looks like what was spec'd fits a PCB board. Then the board attached to the case. If these fit the board, they would make for an excellent mechanical connection for the PCB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Default Interest in Tarra case
xrk971 - 1 case - USA
JPS64 - 1 case - USA
Vunce - 1 case - USA
Roundtoit - 1 case - USA
mordikai - 1 case - USA