The Sussex's Emigrating to Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’ve always liked goose but from what I recall ( it was 30+ yrs ago) it was kinda bland with a fishy undertone, dark meat like duck. It was the mute variety.......nasty birds that took over a favorite fishing hole.

The farm raised ones are a lot different than that. Halfway between a chicken and a turkey is a good description. I would eat a lot more but they are so darned expensive.

Our State flag...the river running through Perth is the Swan River. So it's probably not right for us to eat them!

Attachments

• 300px-Flag_of_Western_Australia_svg.png
    300px-Flag_of_Western_Australia_svg.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 79
The farm raised ones are a lot different than that. Halfway between a chicken and a turkey is a good description. I would eat a lot more but they are so darned expensive.

I’ll have to give it shot for next Christmas, if I can find one.....probably have to mail order.

Christmas swan has a nice ring to it! :p

Grain fed makes a big difference.......a lot of people don’t realize how true the phrase ‘you are what you eat’ is until you experience the flavor variations in wild game depending on its food source.

I always thought the Royals were fair game

That would be the proper use for buckshot. ;)

Yah I’ve seen places that cook your own fish/game but had no idea it went out as part of the menu........I know quite a few people who I don’t accept free meat/fish from due to their lack of sanitary handling/processing. (That’s putting it nicely)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.