The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Sorry guys--I know this isn't the.......

......Road and Track website, but Zen Mod was curious about my non-audio projects!

My current car project shown, ZM. Will get back to Class A after bodywork, paint, and some test drives and tuning....

Too many hobbies, and so little time (and $$$$$$!)

Attachments

• 11Sep2014--01.JPG
    11Sep2014--01.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 23Apr2015--06.JPG
    23Apr2015--06.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 23Apr2015--05.JPG
    23Apr2015--05.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 23Apr2015--04.JPG
    23Apr2015--04.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 23Apr2015--03.JPG
    23Apr2015--03.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 23Apr2015--02.JPG
    23Apr2015--02.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 23Apr2015--01.JPG
    23Apr2015--01.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 11Sep2014--02.JPG
    11Sep2014--02.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 115
CAMan, seriously , that's serious drek

hat off to ya .

if I ever get again to US (Papa's and AR2's ) coast , I hope I'll get opportunity to buy you few beers , have a look and keep my mouth shut .

I'd love to see ya, ZM--bring some of that good sausage with you! Sorry I missed you when you were in San Francisco a few years back.

I'd be glad to give you a ride....just bring some clean underware.....you'll need them after a few runs at 190 MPH (...or in EU terms, 308 km/hr).....

naah

ZM's old fart

Moi either doesn't care or doesn't see proper speed

so - 30 or 300mph , irrelevant ;)

so , instead of hurry around , we can sit and enjoy

---------------------

me = 67.75 years old (and thank goodness...still counting) >> ZM's age.....

Once you sense the "need for speed" it don't go away, as long as you still have body temperature.......

Joined 2003
Paid Member
McLaren Can-Am, Mark 8....... modified slightly to sometimes run as a "closed cockpit racer".....

Can-Am's ran in the late 1960's and 1970's. They were TOTAL BRUTES in terms of torque and acceleration.

I am familiar. Gigantic engines, very light weight. I thought it looked like a McLaren, but there is a lot of DIY stuff out there. Nice collector piece. Whats the story on the Cobra? That is a car I want to build.

Russellc

I think that Nelson once mentioned that we are a bunch of car guys ;) .
Me too, but my experience with cars is focused more toward chasing gremlins that are known to cause mysterious problems to my car. Recently I replaced an engine mount due to some nasty vibrations (diesel). But the problem hasn't been solved so the chase continues. I just hope it isn't due to the DMF (dual mass flywheel) failure, as it can get quite expensive to replace.
@ZM: Family is fine.The surviving twin is ok, he is at home after almost two months in hospital. However, being prematurely born, he's been plagued by some health difficulties that are not uncommon to premature babies. In other words, he was diagnosed with ROP (retinopathy of prematurity), which, if left unteated, can lead to total blindness. So, luckily, it was spotted on time and my son had undergone eyes surgery, but it will take a while (up to 6 months) of regular checkups to determine the degree of sucess of that surgery. I am trying to be optimistic. In the meatime, at home, some furniture rearrangement was under way, so..you guess, WAF pressure mounts on OB's...At the moment they are intact, but may need to be dismantled at some point due to the lack of space. So I am contemplating next speakers that could pass the waf. The requirement is that they take as little floor space as possible. They could be up to 2 m high, up to 40-45 cm deep, but then should be as slim as possible. I may build something like Calhoun (double BVR with CSS 126 fr, since I have that driver). Or, maybe a Corny spiral horn and hang them on the wall. I shall see during the summer...

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
family first , spks later

most important is that kidoe goes stronger every day

ragrding car thing - I never was a car guy , even if I really liked my first one , plenty of hours invested to make it better to me ..... even if almost all of my attention always was in damn audio

now I'm using bone stock (still newish) Punto drek , payin' attention to two wheeled thingies

that is (always second) passion from my teens , just lately becoming sort of first

btw maybe you'll be surprised if you try JBL C1 with some nice mid-wall placed smallish sub ; they're even worthy of repacking drivers in proper wooden enclosure
pretty cheap to buy nowadays

Hi ZM and Jacco
I also had the Pun-Too and it was fun car. A year ago I bought a Fix It Again Tomorrow Still-O and me not so happy with it.
ZM, I thought about changing fabrics, but I don't think it will pass (no pun intended). They will still take up floor space. I heard those JBL's in some local pubs, but they didn't sound spectacular. Maybe I should borrow a pair and try them at home. Regarding Subwoofers, one poasibility is to make "hidden" Subs that serve as armchairs, with the woofer hidden under the butt...free massage included with the danger of magnetizing one's balls :D. Anyway, no hurry. Family first, cars/speakers second... ;)