Attachments

• Screenshot.gif
    Screenshot.gif
    81.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Dodossess

It isn't even the weekend yet and it seems that everyone iz already passed out and sleeping under the table!!! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to DIY sum sheets of graphene by shaving bits of graphite off of pencil leads - but it makes a very fine dust and about the time that I get a decent amount of the stuff it makes me sneeze and I have to start all over again......

The Mrs. is gonna have a fit when she see's this mess and discovers that I used up all of her pencils....

Last edited:
I'm too busy. Over in Glasgow overseeing the design implimentation of the new 15" Graphyne drivers which I have designed for them. You'll get a complimentary pair ZM........so we will have less of that "Dodoesses" stuff if you don't mind! Popping in to Linn to see if they have an easy solution for c2c's TT project............but I suppose that he will turn his nose up at anything with a sprung platter in it's ancestry. [He's bound to check that out - what with him being ensconced in family tree stuff an' all!]

:drink::drink::drink:

That reminds me...time for another.;) :drink::drink:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm too busy. Over in Glasgow overseeing the design implimentation of the new 15" Graphyne drivers which I have designed for them. You'll get a complimentary pair ZM........so we will have less of that "Dodoesses" stuff if you don't mind! Popping in to Linn to see if they have an easy solution for c2c's TT project............but I suppose that he will turn his nose up at anything with a sprung platter in it's ancestry. [He's bound to check that out - what with him being ensconced in family tree stuff an' all!]

:drink::drink::drink:

That reminds me...time for another.;) :drink::drink:

Linn???? Me like Lenco..... so UR are close - but no graphene cigar.... :D:D:D
I think that might be about the only thing you can't make out of this stuff....
Well - actually a decent TT would be hard to do - the platter would only weigh in at about 1/10 of an ounce..... hmmmmmmm....... :scratch:

Me like Lenco too :D

……….this one is waiting for a new bearing being made locally with increased height spindle to take this rather thin pure carbon platter mat! The mat needs then to be machined and polished. I have used a 7 mm mat of identical material on my SP10 with greatly improved sound (especially bass control and overall definition).

[Excuse pic quality…1/3 second hand-held with wide open f2 lens.]

Attachments

• _BDC0067.jpg
    _BDC0067.jpg
    782.7 KB · Views: 115
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Me like Lenco too :D

……….this one is waiting for a new bearing being made locally with increased height spindle to take this rather thin pure carbon platter mat! The mat needs then to be machined and polished. I have used a 7 mm mat of identical material on my SP10 with greatly improved sound (especially bass control and overall definition).

[Excuse pic quality…1/3 second hand-held with wide open f2 lens.]

"Pure carbon platter mat" - - - so this is what you have been up to out in the coal bin then???? Making platters out of left over dust..... ;)

I know that you Scottish chaps can be a "thrifty" lot (i.e. really - really - really - cheap SOB's)...... but damn.... recycling coal dust is taking things to an entirely new level of "thrifty"..... :D:D:D

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Now they have made some tests with graphene at MIT as an electric conductor but since it it THE fastest conductor there is they are having problem with that the signal approaches before it is sent.

Personally I'm celebrating with a Linje Aquavit. We are talking nanoseconds between refills. Happy easter!

Attachments

• lucky_strike_luke.jpg
    lucky_strike_luke.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 85