The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Brian, I see you survived yesterday's wuthering heights.

Attachments

• Windy.jpg
    Windy.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 95
Yes thanks.

Blew like hell's draught. My first thought that morning was to check solar panels installed only the day before. All secure, and today generated some 7.6Kwh.....not bad for December! The only damage was that a couple of wall hugging shrubs broke their moorings and one flower pot was on it's side some yards away. Needless to say I stayed inside until the wind dropped to reasonable levels.

Will it, i.e. the solar generating system, be likely to cause any extra noise in my sound system?

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
What is the horse trailer for? Collecting speakers from Cal?:confused:
Dunno, took the pic from todays internet newspaper:D It just happened to be from where I grew up. My pa is an engineer. He wouldnt know what to with a horse. Mum can ride tho.

Will it, i.e. the solar generating system, be likely to cause any extra noise in my sound system?

You will listen to solar flares all evenings. Very nice.

Yes thanks.

it depends what inverter U use and if you got the optional EMC filters

To late now
Danfoss burn software PCB
SEW keep eye on cooling fans
Siemens far to complicated German drek and all is optional extra
Mitsubishi I like
rest I don't realy see much apart from eurodrive that does real good DC drives
and yes they make prety nice noise ask to see where switching frequency has been set
Did you go for optional wind turbine ?

DC filter alla Papa is good thing to have and one pluged in to mains any where serves all

Glad you're here again Bksaab.:) Is all well?

I'll check out the system over the w/e and let you know exactly which inverter.

Experience with modern Siemens is poor so I wont buy......though the old studio stuff was good in its day. [Still have x4 V72 mic amps]

I ate some donkey in Lombardi. Quite good! Suspect I have eaten quite a lot of horse sold as beef when in London! Certainly had a lot of poor beef....just don't eat the supermarket mince/pies/prepared meals etc.:(

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I was in Budapest somewhere 83-84. I was 15 or 16. Bird watching excursion with a group of field biologists actually:) totally nerdish. To the Lake Balaton was the plan.

I remember a beer at a gas station costed me 0,35 SEK. At that time a beer in a swedish restaurant was 35-50 SEK. I braught 1200 SEK as pocketmoney for one week. It was totally impossible to get rid of. And I was not allowed to bring them out.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Soooright : it IS cool.

There is nothing beyond this thread! Absolutely zilch.:yes::yes:

That is because we are all Dodos!:grouphug:

Nawh....its because its off the wall: the other side of the wall is not worth visiting. No one goes there ------unless a Judge makes it mandatory.;)

The wall, the walls, the walz. Nice song, redicilous stuff. Wallz. Tear them down

At that time we were not allowed to drink alcohol in public places.
Now I do not know how it is.
My LP collection pieces I brought home from Sweden.
I was not a Communist, and I never will, but they was sent to me at that time to the "west", it was an appreciation of my work.
I was at DATASAAB study in Linköping.
Very nice little town.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Mine was 10x50. Sadly I lost it on my crooked way. Along with 30 wifes, 3000 vinyls and 3 million opportunities. Never mind. Today my son dived into my bed while I was taking Nezerils. He crumbeled and said (he is remarcably vocabulary for being 8). This feels so secure and cosy. Then we made nose nose and laughed. He is wise my son. He knows about appreciating along with knowing that everything can be taken away.