The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Rely I am HNC Instrument tech but been working in maintenance and electrical installation since forewer
First job at 13 in tely repair shop sveeping up florr and installing TV aerials
+ all the rest from motor boat mech and electrician to sound engineer rodie and DJ
At 18 I use to work for the Italian MOD in the morning Motor boat Mech in the afternun college in the evenings and FM radio DJ til 4 in the morning.
In 1977 as sound engineer at the EU congress and then recording studio and Rodie.
Go pissed up with a few (majbe best one was seeing Brian Ferry under a table)
I needed to learn English as discussing raiders with Richard Branson on the phone so there 1986 I am in the UK I was meant to stay six months.

At the same time I got prety well burned out. Alchool poisoning is not nice
Still London was prety nice place to be 3 months in and was in charge of a white goods repair shop and load of gigs and parties So Lemmy of Motorhead telling me that I did to much wiz and Nina Haghen cooking brekfast (ended up in her place after a gig and spent night doing drinking and poppers with her Skinhead housband)
Probably I could write a book about missing chanches Demons and Angels.

Last edited:
Was the time Ferry was under the table back when he had kidney stones?:eek::eek: I've had to hold him upright at that time...or was it just to sing "Carrickfergus' ?:joker:

You and I may have met! :eek: I used to take a few drinks in the "Sun Inn" in Barnes, just down the road from Olympic Studios with the likes of Tony Bramwell and Bobby Tench.:rolleyes:

Was the time Ferry was under the table back when he had kidney stones?:eek::eek: I've had to hold him upright at that time...or was it just to sing "Carrickfergus' ?:joker:

Whit Brian it was at the Lido Film festival (sort of Oscars) 5 plus Excelsior Hotel no time to name names of whom else was there.
No time to say how we ended up there I just remember a ridiculous amount of botles of Barbera I left earlish and ended up in the car park with an old Girlfriend.

You and I may have met! :eek: I used to take a few drinks in the "Sun Inn" in Barnes, just down the road from Olympic Studios with the likes of Tony Bramwell and Bobby Tench.:rolleyes:
No don't think we did I don't remember ever beeing in Barnes.

Didn't end up under the table, I hope ?

No we did not Nina Husband give up on contest (he had 50 pounds and maybe a foot advantage but I was truly indestructible at that age) and ended up in bed I suppose.
The rest of us carried on with party Nina cooked proper English breakfast before she thrown us out at about 9 ish in the morning

Joined 2006
Paid Member
In 1977 as sound engineer at the EU congress and then recording studio and Rodie.
Go pissed up with a few (majbe best one was seeing Brian Ferry under a table)
I needed to learn English as discussing raiders with Richard Branson on the phone so there 1986 I am in the UK I was meant to stay six months.

At the same time I got prety well burned out. Alchool poisoning is not nice
Still London was prety nice place to be 3 months in and was in charge of a white goods repair shop and load of gigs and parties So Lemmy of Motorhead telling me that I did to much wiz and Nina Haghen cooking brekfast (ended up in her place after a gig and spent night doing drinking and poppers with her Skinhead housband)
Probably I could write a book about missing chanches Demons and Angels.

Sounds pretty much like my days az an artist manager in California - that led to the 1st business venture that left me broke (but not the last). As the saying goes - some of the biggest business deals ever done in the music business were done while drinking coffee at a 12 step meeting.....;)

But to put things into perspective and cheer you up - things could be worse... see this link :D:D:D

Penis Snatching on the Rise -- Africa?s Genital-Stealing Crime Wave Hits the Countryside | Alternet

the dachshunds are waiting for you - and they want your wiener

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ook me if I can imagine even first step , which is leading to locating article like that one ......

Attachments

• pajapatak.gif
    pajapatak.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 86
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I guess that an update will be needed to the old wives tale about the tourist waking up in a bathtub full of ice and missing his kidneys....

Now he will be missing hiz kidneys, hiz wang, hiz gonadz, his eyez, and hiz cell phone....

Now THAT would be a really bad day - and really hard to explain to SWMBO....