The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Meanwhile....back in the animal kingdom, a fishing friend called in this morning for a coffee and chat. He brought in with him this little girl called Florence, although he calls it "Banger". Normally he would have left it in the car, but his Jack Russel would have eaten it. Our cat was delighted, and the pup had never before met a cat. They got on very well. [The pics were 'grabbed' very quickly and are of awful quality, but I thought c2c would like to see them!]

Evidently these little numbers cost about 12-1400 bucks...50% more than a top working Labrador. Sweet though she is, I would chose the lower cost item.;)

Fishing is getting underway just now, so I have been DiY fly making!:)

Attachments

• BDC_8071.jpg
    BDC_8071.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 73
Joined 2006
Paid Member
[The pics were 'grabbed' very quickly and are of awful quality, but I thought c2c would like to see them!]

Evidently these little numbers cost about 12-1400 bucks...50% more than a top working Labrador. Sweet though she is, I would chose the lower cost item.;)

Ahhhhhh yes - those little Dachshund badger boogers!!!!! A decent one here goes for around $400 bucks - but mine are more of the $12 variety..... :D:D:D

When I rescued "Buddy" last year he only cost $150 because he was an old dog that needed a new home - - - and $500 bucks worth of vet work...:eek:

Pets share a lot in common with women - generally they lay around - eat - and every now and again crawl up in your lap to get petted. The good news iz - they cost a lot less than the women.....and are generally in a better mood :rolleyes:

BTW - that one looks a lot like our latest rescue Mia. She is a very sweet girl that loves being in my lap...

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
c2c:

I have to admit that they are appealing little hounds.:)

An earlier Duke of Westminster kept a pack of them, or so I heard today, and had the garden ( some several acres) heavily wired so that the little brutes could not get out. Rabbits got in, but seldom lasted any time! They are great natural hunters and well known as one of the few breeds that will face up to a badger. I believe they are/were used against wild boar; but, I suspect, only to get them on the move for shooters to finish the job.

But, talking of German dogs, here is another - with two tough English jobs just waiting to have a go!! But - being outside a fresh fish shop - they know their plaice!:D:D

Attachments

• CRW_4992trial 1 .jpg
    CRW_4992trial 1 .jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
c2c:

An earlier Duke of Westminster kept a pack of them, or so I heard today,

Most likely trying to stay in Her Majesty Queen Victoria's favor.... (i.e. suck up):D:D:D

But, talking of German dogs, here is another - with two tough English jobs just waiting to have a go!! But - being outside a fresh fish shop - they know their plaice!:D:D

Hmmmm - iz that the flounder or the blonde that just walked past??? :eek:

Below are a few other fans of Dachshunds :D:D:D

Attachments

• PicassoLumpDachshund.jpg
    PicassoLumpDachshund.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 29
  • John Wayne.jpg
    John Wayne.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 31
  • jfk with Dachshund.jpg
    jfk with Dachshund.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 53