The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ohhhh, that's so sad... same thing happens to me from time to time. She probably got a rotten email, or saw something in the news that upset her. I wouldn't take it personally. Give her space and find something you enjoy, and next thing you know, she'll be back to her cheerful self giving you a flyby smooch. (cross your fingers)

Thanks for the good wishes Carpenter. Yeah - just being female - I need to go outside and check the moon and planets for alignment..... :D:D:D

I'm just barking - even Hawking admits to being baffled by the fairer sex. Stephen Hawking baffled by the mystery of women

BTW- she is back to being her normal happy self now. Just bugged by the doggy - short time thing.
Soooooo - now to just normal watch for SWMBO type things - like leaving my socks laying around.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Carpenter..... Happy B-day.....

I PINE for your construction talents. If I ever tried to make some of your projects, I'd just be making an ASH of myself. Your designs are just so FIR out....!

Have I BOARD all of you, with my wood construction comments??? :(

Honestly Carpenter--happy birthday.....and your woodworking skills ARE unmatched....! In fact, they overELM me.... (O.K...... I'm done, now....) :)

Carpenter (John)--a serious question for a change!

Have you ever considered (or tried) building horns out of carbon composite (carbon fiber cloth and epoxy resin)?

Would you believe this material would lend itself to DIY horn construction. With "carbon rope" bonded to the cloth, it seems like it would be easy to control resonances, etc.... Would they lack the warmth of cellulose (wood, paper mache) construction?

Just curious--and maybe I need to scan the 'Speaker Forums" for detailed comments.

Carpenter..... Happy B-day.....

I PINE for your construction talents. If I ever tried to make some of your projects, I'd just be making an ASH of myself. Your designs are just so FIR out....!

Have I BOARD all of you, with my wood construction comments??? :(

Honestly Carpenter--happy birthday.....and your woodworking skills ARE unmatched....! In fact, they overELM me.... (O.K...... I'm done, now....) :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:xmasman:

Have you ever considered (or tried) building horns out of carbon composite (carbon fiber cloth and epoxy resin)?

Would you believe this material would lend itself to DIY horn construction. With "carbon rope" bonded to the cloth, it seems like it would be easy to control resonances, etc.... Would they lack the warmth of cellulose (wood, paper mache) construction?

Just curious--and maybe I need to scan the 'Speaker Forums" for detailed comments.

...Mid bass and bass horns, perhaps, high frequency horns, no. The quality of paper, or cotton paper lend to the warmth of the signature.

Carpenter my dear fellow, Happy Birthday to you. It's been a while since I've have conversed with you. Last time, I recall swapping puns and innuendo, etc. with another member, and your poor soul was caught it the middle.

So how old now? 41 going on 14?;)

Peace,

Dave

P.S. just checking out the website again. Your work is a stunning as always!

Carpenter my dear fellow, Happy Birthday to you. It's been a while since I've have conversed with you. Last time, I recall swapping puns and innuendo, etc. with another member, and your poor soul was caught it the middle.

So how old now? 41 going on 14?;)

Peace,

Dave

P.S. just checking out the website again. Your work is a stunning as always!

I'm glad to see you here.
Finally, the pub is not empty.

Many more happy birthday, Carpenter!

Gyuri

Ahhhh, you guys are making me blush, but don't let that stop you! ;)

I'll have to make it a point to drop in more often, what with the kind friendship flowing through this site.