The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Everyone!! Just stopping by to say hello and let you know that I am still among the breathing.:geezer:

Of course I have been swinging from branch to branch of my family tree and may have discovered a blood relative from my real baseline of Dutch ancestors.

Hope that Papa's factory up in CA foothills is safe from current fires burning. Sad to see photo's of little towns I used to visit burned to the ground.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thank you Dirk,

I am doing fine considering all things going on except I'm in mourning for a friend that I have lost due to the COVAD-19 bug. Her name was Starr and she only lasted about two days with the virus before it did her in. I knew her from the early 1980's and saw her post almost every day on Facebook. Her last post was Aug 4th and then boom - no more post - all over - all gone.

Life is a precious gift my friends so take time to enjoy it and your family and loved ones!

Attached is a photo of Starr (the lady on the far right) and me (on the far left) at a reception dinner for a friends wedding rehearsal back in the mid 80's.

Attachments

• Starr murphy at wedding rehershall.jpg
    Starr murphy at wedding rehershall.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 215
Albert, you and I, as we get on up in years are experiencing similar things. Like everyone else on the planet, the older you get, the more you lose those who are close to you. Goodness knows that a big thing around here this past 3 years has been the loss of many. I guess it only ends when we are the ones they talk about. Unitl then, sorry for your losses as you are for mine.
Take care my friend, happy swinging (from the trees that is) :)