The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Lagavulin? IRISH whiskey pretending to be from Islay! :yes:

IF you have to have Islay try the
Bruichladdich 64! :hbeat:

(@ peppennino....Hugo has plenty in his vast malt collection! Go to Lombardy and have some!!!! Also when I was there he had about 10 world class systems in his home! :cool::cool::cool:)

Last edited:
For me, vaccines can be beers, almost exclusively. I read somewhere, Hungarians with Swabian-German-Austrian bloodline drink beers mostly, ones with different bloodline drink wine. It can be true, because my paternal grand mother was an "echte" swabish women, while my mothernal grand father born in Vienna, halfish Austrian. (As far as I know.)
Yet, I regards myself as a far descent of Koppány.
At least, mentally by all means.
Perhaps, I could get some advices about this family-tree thing from Thomas, if he would be present in the pub sometimes.

Lagavulin? IRISH whiskey pretending to be from Islay! :yes:

IF you have to have Islay try the
Bruichladdich 64! :hbeat:

(@ peppennino....Hugo has plenty in his vast malt collection! Go to Lombardy and have some!!!! Also when I was there he had about 10 world class systems in his home! :cool::cool::cool:)
When I'll come back to Milan I'll follow your advice :cheers:

Bruchladdic is very good. I have tried the Port Charlotte heavy peated.

Ardbeg 10 is another great choice that I have enjoyed on many occasion.

Red Breast 12 is another I enjoy.

I'm getting thirsty and ready for a dram.

There are two versions of this distillery...the original went under some 10 years or so ago. Eventually being bought by a company which invested a lot of money and their marketing was targeted at the US market...bottle design and labelling were brought into line and new versions (blends) were likewise aimed at the US market and its tastes! :$:

The vintages from the old company are very highly collectable...especially the 64 - which I drank whilst on Islay: the only other time I have drunk it was in Italy (Lombardy) in the early 90s.
:D

The family which now own it made a lot of money and even own prime salmon fishing rights here in Kelso!!! :)

Hello out there,

I hope you are all o.k.? All get vaccinated....:eek:

I decided to 'vaccinate' myself today....:rolleyes:

Cheers
Dirk :drink:

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 141