The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Did someone say cats?

This is Scruffy. I'm a dog person, but she won me over. :)
Here's a picture of her keeping an eye on me after a hard day of work. She was the best!

Attachments

• vj&scruffy.jpg
    vj&scruffy.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 170
Dear WBS,
I hope so, I didn't hurt you, and not hurt memory of Jake as well.
I really don't want it.
You know, I was (I am) a kind of dog lover man.
At the time, when pic was taken, about forty years ago, I was definitely that kind of.
Perhaps, I can say, I hated cats at the time.
Ten years ago, my daughter brought home a little cat from his boyfriend.
I have said to her, you're not gonna bring this animal, I'm that kind of man, who is eating kittens for breakfast.
Well, boyfriend has gone for a long time. (Not because of me.)
Cat (cats) are here, and I must have to say, I live with him in a strong and strange simbiotic realation ever since.
He is my son, my little furry child, and I am his father, mother and girlfriend in one.
Yes, he is a boy, and he will remain that, while I live.
I have seen some part of a TV serie, can't remember exactly,
Tom Selleck played a role as a a burned-out metropolitan cop.
He have had to take his dog to a veterian, where she said, why the dog is not neutered?
Tom said - He's is good for me, as he is.

Please, consider that fact, that all above in Englishlike something,
for me was so long and difficult as War and Peace.
y4mJlyMlqHlsGsOfXcWkjXmScTsXy3xmbSxABzoNUG50XW_Q7mSAVN6lk5_OGhtQKAm_DuuMaru3OZOahmx7qmog-u3gzlq1Sw3dckHCsFxd31a-h5uxGvF2DAji7QUxYPqdYtE2Yli3mcMjR7eDXgEzTIrtOnIaTzcAOQKA-9q3hr36xoUPRTRirMVQcXWE36k

No offense taken Gyuri! We called him a furry blanket also. My wife had an "aww" moment when I showed her you dog's picture. She was partial to Tervuren dogs since she had one when she was younger. But Jake melted her heart forever. He was that kind of dog.

Your story about how you came to love a cat is very similar to mine. Scruffy was part of a package deal when I met my wife. If I wanted to get to get to know her, the deal came with a 12 year old daughter and Scruffy. The daughter was pretty chill, we used to watch the Simpsons together. The cat OTOH, I just tolerated. However, over time we began to enjoy each other's company. She won me over.

Actually she got along with pretty much everyone. She tolerated our first dog, Brandy. Then when we got Jake they became good friends and that's when I came to fully accept her as a full fledged family member. One of my fondest memories is that I could call her, and she would come. When I sat on the couch she would lay on the back of the couch and gently tap my shoulder until I acknowledge her and scratched her head. :)

@Gyuri,

Much the same....I had dogs and - although not totally against cats - much preferred the comp[any of my dogs....mine were trained (by me) gun dogs. (I gave up shooting things over 40 years ago...though I( still kept working dogs!). My dogs were English Pointers and Labradors.

Then - living in London made keeping dogs a hassle so I did not replace the last two.

Many years on a neighbour moved away and left a cat with us which had lived (most of the time) in our house. Unfortunately her kidneys were not good and she had to go to the vet one final time. Soon another cat, a young male, started to come in every morning and not go home until his owner fed him. The owner was a single mother with a mentally challenged daughter; the cat did not like her. Eventually the owner said that that cat was now mine....I would be responsible for feeding him and paying his medical expenses!

He moved to Scotland with us and after some five years was killed by a car.

Then again another Tabby - a girl - found us in the garden, had a look in the house and never went away, She too had kidney problems and when very weak some four years later she too was beyond recovery. We are waiting for the next one to adopt us!!!

My parents had an Alsatian very similar to your dog in the photograph, except that he was black all over except for two tan dots above his eyes. A great dog who lived until he was 16...a good age for a big dog.

Cats tend to sit, watch and miss nothing! So. be careful what you say and do with your cat being attentive.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
She's the Boss

pretty wild , and letting just me to hold her like that

picture made in a moment (today) when I was showing to my Kid (she's also The Boss) that I'm allowed to hold her ( Cat Boss) like that , like no-one else is allowed

so , I'm living with 4 She Bosses - Wifey , Daughter, Cat , Dog

my only male buddy (was He Boss) , Cat - is missing in action , 3 weeks already

it seems Sex finally took all his 7 lives ; I'm sad , but I know he had great life (well , all 7)

Scruffy was also an "indoor" cat with no front claws. She was also an understudy of Houdini! She loved sneaking outside any time she could find an opening. She would then climb our 2 meter fence, I have no idea how, and she would end up meowing in the neighbor's yard until I came to rescue her.

The scariest time was when she was gone for 2 days and worried us sick. I was walking around the neighborhood calling her name until almost a block away I heard her meow back. She was hiding under an outbuilding away from the two cats that lived there and were harassing her. The two women who lived there wanted to adopt her because they recognized her sweetness. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 92