The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
We had a pretty bad storm here in the Nashville Tennessee area Tuesday night - Wed. Morning. Thankfully my family and I are fine and did not suffer any damage to our house but many people did. The death toll is up to 25 with thousands injured. Many people have lost everything (in just a few seconds). The President is here to visit today along with other politicians and Emergency Relief officials to see how they can help people to recover and rebuild. Sad to see this sort of thing happen but it is a reminder to not take things for granted and to be grateful for what we have.

WATCH: Tornado Touches Down In Nashville, Tennessee | Heavy.com

NO...I do know that he has been unwell for many years. Evidently had a (mild) stroke when living in Florida. That caused him to return to live in Japan. Here is a link:

<https://twogoodears.blogspot.com/2020/03/be-yamamura-passed-away.html>

My wife and I knew Be extremely well during his London and S. Cassiano days but lost touch when he moved to the US with Yamamura Churchill. We played golf and he often passed on prototype amps etc as gifts or encouraged me to build his simpler designs. I still have the original prototype Yamaura Churchill amps, but they are in pieces as the joints were weak butt joints and moving them to Scotland did for them. I just hope that Keiko is managing well...she stood by him with great loyalty. (She used to cut my hair when they came to our house!)

Be Yamamura
R.I.P.

I am better now and will start on the M25 t5his coming week by preparing a chassis! SO, expect too many questions soon!!!

Last edited:
Now I'm depressed in some extent.
My good old MSB Platinum Link Dac is gone to south.
Worked saturday, on sunday it isn't.
I'm really offended. :mad:
Don't be depressed, think of it as an opportunity to change/upgrade :)

Things are so relative.
For me, my biggest problem is my dead MSB Platinum Link, which is repairable, I'm sure.
Other ones no home anymore in Tennessee, or somewhere else.
So what is matter, really?

I was out there in the garden with my daughter's cat.
My favourite constellation, Orion was near at the culminating point in the twilight.
As I can see it through cirrostratus, its Alpha star, Betelgeuse brightened some extent, the last days.
Not so much, that it would became a supernova, it is rather going back its normal state, as we see it usual.
You can follow its change in brightness here:
aavso.org
Celestial fireworks seems will be dismissed right now.

Attachments

• Alpha_Orionis_light_curve.jpg
    Alpha_Orionis_light_curve.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 140
As you obviously recognised, I've consumed more than enough beer. Yes, you are right, all of them I have had.
Now, I have some sake, I've got from my daughter for last christmas.
I'm drinking this, because I don't have everything else, and I must have to drink.
After all, I'm in the pub, right?
Must have to say, any of Hungarian Pálinka is better than this, for number of dosens of lightyears.
Doesn't matter, it will be save me from Corona, or not, what do you think?