The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I wish I could share your young sentiment. I am a mere 57 but feel twice that some days. Genetically I am at risk for many things and physically, I took too many chances when younger and those are haunting me now. I am very happy you can feel young at 60. I felt old at 45.

Mentally on the other hand, I am still a teen.
I must admint that there are days where I feel older than usual. But good red vine and good music usually fixes that :)

Ahhh, no, I'm a serious convert to Roon. Best thing since sliced bread and all that....
I got Roon as well and ripped my CDs and sold my CD player a long time ago. But now Im back to playing CDs and like it. I get too inpatient playing files, and browse around all the time. With LPs and CDs i manage to relax and listen to whole records at a time, again. Although I still use Spotify, Tidal, Youtube, etc. to (re)discover new/old music.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member

Thanks. And not overly expensive either. Although I agree thet flex is nice when on a stage I am not to keen on flexibility when it comes to transporting signals. It seems easyer to get a stiff (and solid if possible) cable to to a good job then a flexy one there. Only based on my very unscientific experience. Keeping the core a fair distance to the shield helps with capacitance as well.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
What about c2cthomas?
Perhaps Cal can call him?
What a nice alliteration. :)

c2cthomas is still alive!!

As to being well? That is debatable.

As far as being sane goes?? Bwhahahahahahahah...

I've been busy digging up old ancestors - their records - not the actual ancestor - and have made a rather disturbing discovery.

I had a Y-chromosome DNA test done a few years back and didn't get any matches to my surname. Soooooo last year my Cousin Richard took the same test and we came up matching with each other but not with our surname Emery. Just last month my Cousin Frank took the same test and he matches with the correct group which is Emery, and that test excluded Richard and myself and puts us with the Cole surname - Cole (also old name of Kool and Cool) from Holland.

Thus, either g-g-g-granddaddy Nathan Emery was adopted or his mother Elizabeth Ross (related to Betsey Ross the flag maker (depending on whose version of history you read)) had a "non-parental event" (affair - rape - dirty sex toy, etc.)

We are still trying to figure things out and most likely won't unless we actually do dig up some ancestors.

Please don't waste any money sending me wooden shoes or tulips until I can get better info to confirm all of this stuff.

Outside of that everything is good with me - turned 49 y/o again - I think that makes 22 times now.... ;)

Cheers!!!