The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I stopped shooting animals and birds back in the mid 1970s...but as it seems to be a national pastime here in Scotland I have started again. The pic is of my first 'kill trophy' in 45 years!

:D

Attachments

• 3200696000.jpg
    3200696000.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thomas, are those suspenders I see?

Nope - those are worse than suspenders - they are the straps to my portable oxygen concentrator device. COPD - it ain't for sissies..... Also why I can't be making piles of sawdust now days... sigh... On the plus side of things I'm still alive and kicking....

My wife is getting a big kick out of accusing me of running around with five women this week!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Thomas with sisters Linda - Sulyn - Thomas - Felicia - Michelle - Paulla - 2019 April - Smyrna T.jpg
    Thomas with sisters Linda - Sulyn - Thomas - Felicia - Michelle - Paulla - 2019 April - Smyrna T.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 148
COPD! I too have that - but it is at an early stage. [It came from over 60 years of smoking cigarettes and it showed as a certainty after a bout of pneumonia last year which started in the operating theatre when I had a bypass operation. I get by with a morning snort of an inhaler; but any heavy exercise leaves me a bit breathless. Needless to say I have not touched a cigarette since the night before surgery]

But back to you...I really do feel very sorry that you have COPD at the level that you need to carry oxygen. I obviously hope that I can with proper medical help stave off the fast progression! But I know two men with a need to carry oxygen who have not yet reached 60. And I saw a guy sitting in a parked car - window open - oxygen feeds in his nostrils and smoking a cigarette. :rolleyes:

On the other topic, I would like 50 dollars for every snipe I shot during the 60s and early 70s. The best memory of that sport is working with dogs. Great animals.

But nerves of steel? Petit Moi? I have to tell you that those wabbistags are really frightening whereas the jackwrabbit is a puny little chaps, wabbistags..they come half way up to my Knee!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
That's gotta be frustrating to know with all these sexy women swooning you, you have to keep your hands in your pockets.

Remind us why you have gone to all this trouble? ;)

I've explained all of this before Cal - but people get a kick out of it so I'll give it another go because it has been a couple of years since the last time.

In order for me to fool around with women
1st I would need to go to my neurologist to check out if I'm at risk of triggering another brain bleed.
2nd - next up will be the lung doctor to see if I'll be able to breathe well enough to actually perform without running out of oxygen and flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water.
3rd - then I go to the heart doctor to see if the by-pass he performed can handle the pressure
4th - If I get an ok from those guys the it's on to my regular doctor to get a prescription for some little blue pills.
5th - on to the pharmacy to fill the prescription - provided that it is covered by my health care plan.

Usually by the time I get to the 5th step they have either lost interest or I have forgotten who I was chasing in the 1st place.... :rolleyes:

In the end I wind up going home and getting on the computer to do some genealogy.. which is where I started out.... sigh....

Last edited:
to brianco #24861

I know this horrible deathly animal!

In Germany (especially in Bavaria) it is called the 'Wolpertinger`

220px-Wolpertinger.jpg

In the USA I think it's the Jackalope?

And do you remember
'Monthy Python and the holy grale' and this nice looking white cute killer-

rabbit (later with a little red around his mouth)...
2Q==

Never underestimate a rabbit!

Greets
Dirk

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Dodo check

How is your Dodo doing dis day??:D

Translated into Tennessee speak - "How's it hanging".....

We are having a bit of a gentle rain here near Nashville with a high of 44f expected. In a couple of days the temp is expected to get up to around 80f so springtime is really getting into gear now.

Was able to turn down the seat heating in the car today...to medium! :flame:

BUT...saw a 'modern' INDIAN V-Twin...motorised armchair.

[The Indian which I used to ride pillion to go fishing back 60 years ago was already ancient, hand gear shift on the tank, foot clutch, rigid suspension, (just like me now) and very easy if travelling at around 50-60 mph. The guy who owns it tells me he was a radar tech in the RAF...so there is a connection for c2c AND for ZM.]

As for me? Waiting for a pretty woman to happen along...one who will NOT shout "Me Too"!!! Having tried this over the past 23years and 8 months I should know that it just ain't going to happen anytime soon! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
to brianco #24879

Hello brianco,

the real and only Indians are the old ones:
Chief, Big Chief, Scout,....
with foot clutch, handshifter, manual ignition advance,....

the all time theme for men: women!

I only say: wishful thinking :D
But there are wonderful women out there! :female:
You only have to find them. Or that beautiful woman has to find you?

Greets
Dirk