The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

What did you say????

:joker:

Apparently not interesting enough to draw attention.
The usual treat was to put a scantily dreesed female next to anything, and there was attention, but now it has become politicaly incorrect and dangerous practice. So now we can only put naked amps and motorbikes :)
And the article should have been renamed to: "New sound absorbers let you have a carefree and loud sex-life, while ensuring peace with your neighbours" :D

After counting the cost, time and effort to build a good balanced preamp to go along with the Aleph 30, I acquired an X2.5 preamp. If I read history correctly, this was one of the first PL preamps to have a JFET input UGS.

On top of PL UGS, the X2.5 has a remote control and Wayne's volume and balance controls.

It would probably have cost just as much to build this as buy it. And... it is gorgeous to look at.

The time that would have been spent on the preamp can now be spent on the F4 beast. I have decided to make the OPS separate from the front end so that I can try different front ends.

Attachments

• X2_5_front.jpg
    X2_5_front.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 193
Apparently not interesting enough to draw attention.
The usual treat was to put a scantily dreesed female next to anything, and there was attention, but now it has become politicaly incorrect and dangerous practice. So now we can only put naked amps and motorbikes :)
And the article should have been renamed to: "New sound absorbers let you have a carefree and loud sex-life, while ensuring peace with your neighbours" :D

You now have my attention.

Magura :D