The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Attachments

• JH.jpeg
    JH.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 219
In cas esome people are interested...regarding tinitus and sensibility: i use slightly inserted earplugs to tame higher frequencies and ambient noise a little, when listening. Works wonderfully for me and it doesn't take away anything away from the sound in any significant way.

OK...i admit it's just dumb as hell but it works for me...

Questions wait the answer :D ?
Very similar to Mr Pass personnality , He design, share council´s and travel around the world
in research of Audio Holy Grail and meets audio passionate friends and hobby amateurs
TWOGOODEARS - トゥーグッドイアーズ: Klaus Speth meets Gotorama

Magic Moment: Japan Triode Meeting #1 : Day 1

TWOGOODEARS - トゥーグッドイアーズ: Jean Hiraga meets ALE and Be Yamamura: one of the VERY best systems in the world?

Short 2018 video with Mr J Hiraga who speak and show copper , aluminium paramagnetic phenomena important
in speaker drivers construction
Jean Hiraga et le paramagnétisme
:)

Hey Brother,
What are you doing??!!
Was ist das zűrzavar???
Hospital, tongue sticking out...
I can suspect, you only watched a pretty nurse.
Did you have a trickling of saliva as well?

As for me, no I don't have rack filled with full bottles.
I'd rather switched to daily purchases.
Yet, miracously I have empty bottles only.

My post is far too long for the original thread, What Are You Listening To? So I thought I'd post my reply here.

Yes - good catch.

thanks for the tip!

My personal favourite is Tales from Topographic Oceans:
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans (Vinyl, LP, Album) | Discogs

I've brought it home, when I was Sweden in 1979.
There was about 30 LPs what I can buy then.
At that time here was communist regime, we could not buy easily any rock LP.
I emerged to a real bourgeois level with this catch.

I haven't heard Tales for many years. I'll have to listen to it again and check it out. (The wife just got home so it'll have to wait :)

I was walking down memory lane this morning while listening to The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge. At 19 years old I snuck into a Yes concert at the Long Beach Arena in 1972 where their play set included the best cuts from those albums. The Eagles opened, followed by Edgar Winter and then Yes.

My plan was to arrive super early and pretend I was there with Edgar Winter's people. I walked up the ramp to the loading dock and asked, "Are Edgar's people here yet?" "No, I think they're still at the airport." the security person answered. I then walked past as if I belonged there.

It was while I was walking around on stage that I met Rick Wakeman who was preparing to do a sound test. I "helped" him mike his grand piano where he showed me what he called a "trick of the trade" to get better sound. He then asked me to hold his Rolex while he did his sound test. It sounded awesome there next to the piano. When he finished, I handed his Rolex back and he said, "See you at the concert!"

All was well back stage at the edge of the stage closest to the piano during the Eagles and Edgar Winter. Then, right as Yes took the stage, security personnel did a sweep checking for back stage passes. When asked for mine I told the guy it must have fallen off. As he grabbed my arm and pulled me toward the door, I pointed to Rick and said, "No, really! I'm with them!" The security guy called up to Rick and pointed to me. To my relief Rick acknowledged that I was okay and therefore was allowed to stay.

During the first song Edgar was on stage grooving to the Firebird Suite and was kicked off stage! So he ended up next to me for the remainder of the concert. All in all, it was probably my second favorite concert of my life!