The Pass D1 For Tda1543

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balnced Arrangement

guido said:

I think what is meant is that they do not run on same clock but one clock is inverted:D
But i can see from another post that the reclocking is already ongoing.

No I was meaning 2 series FF running on the same clock
Like here:

attachment.php

Anybody has a hint what may be the reason for some THD coming out of D1 stage? I build left and right channel http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=383834#post383834

independend if i connect the left or right DAC one gives me four times theTHD than the other. All voltage levels and current flow looks pretty the same on both. Are there components to match very good? Or is it a bad FET? i used IRF510 branded "SEC"

Hallo Rupert ,

my balanced dac with 1543 is landing;) and it is doing it in the lions den:)
I have just defined the power supply and I am going to post the schematic based on the Passdiy ONO stage (tm).
In post #16 of this thread there is the currently balanced arrangement and how to split DATA into + and - .Remember that the "non inverted data" produces at the output an inverted phase signal so :

--non inverted data------->inverted output signal ( - )

--inverted data------------->right output signal ( + )

That is if the Pass D1 , or passive I/V (resistor) is used .

I am interested in your results :)

Thanks for sharing your shematic for the PS.
I am planning to build the balanced DAC with 8 pcs tda1543 for the + and 8 pcs tda1543 for the -. I will use the passive output stage for my dac to make it simple. For the PS, I have not yet decided. I think I will try using the xor ic for splitting the I2S. In the meantime, awaiting the good news from you about the dac.
Regards

Now a fantastically bad picture of my dac (the bad picture covers some not elegant bi-used resistors) ;)

from the right there are the connector for the I2S signals , the 2 TDA1543 and then ... 2 sub regulators and the 4 D1 I/V stages.

4 philips 4.7uF MKT caps are used for the output.

The red/white shielded cable carries the +/- 30volts for the I/V and comes from outside the box since I have yet to find a small transformer for that purpose.

The inside toroid feeds the 1543s via the power supply schematic posted above .
The PS circuit is covered by the chassis. :cool:

Attachments

• dac.jpg
    dac.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,705
I used this diagram for my cs8414 http://www.fedde.nu/audio/images/nonoz3.gif

I fed the cs8414 outputs to the inputs from this diagram in the following order

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=382046&stamp=1083093676

sdata ----> Data ,Fsync ----> WS and Sck ----> BCK

Im not sure if my explanation is clear, but this is the configuration that seemed obvious to me. I dont have package for drawing diagrams.

I also used resistor for i/v as per nonozII.
All I get is hum, any thing simple I have got wrong?

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.